Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Kerrie and welcome to the Cruise forum!

I don't think you can get married on a cruise these days.

Regarding renewing your vows, I don't think there is any minimum time limit on this as it isn't a legal ceremony. On the Thomson Spirit it is £175 to renew your vows. This includes a certificate, photo and dinner with the Captain.

HTH

luci :wave
Thanks for the reply Luci
You must think i am mad wanting to renew so soon after being married the reason i am looking into it is because we wanted to go abroad to marry but can only go for 7 days as my sister has kindly agreed to look after our little ones so we can be alone on our honeymoon but because of the minimum residency rules we would be coming home the day we marry (taking kids abroad for 2 weeks the week after we get back :oops: )
Have you been on the Thomson Spirit?(i have notice a few posts mention it)If so whats it like????Cabins,food,staff.........
Also do they do a 7 day cruise?
And are there any links?
I hear they do no fly cruise,is this better??I live in the northwest of uk so think it might be easier to fly,What do you think.
As i said it would be our first cruise and with it being our honeymoon we would want it to be special.
Thanks again
Kerrie. :wave
Princess Cruises still offer weddings.

http://www.princess.com/onboard/weddings

HTH

Sandi
x
Why not just have a honeymoon and renew when you go next year for your aniversary.

The NCL Sun has a chaple and they did have a wedding party board for the day when we were in LA not sure if they actually got married but they did have a reception(couple stayed on rest got off). NCL have a new ship sailing from the UK nest year(2 trips) but these are 12 nights.

Not sure if any UK based ship does anything.

Living in the NW fly/cruise is probably best but Fred Olsen and Thomsons are using regional ports this year so check the dates and ports. Newcastle/liverpool are both used.
Hi and thanks for your replies,
We didnt really want to be married in a registry office anyway and because we would be alone(lots of family dont get along and i couldnt be doing with it ) we would not have any photo's to look back on and this seemed a nice way to do it,I would get to wear my wedding gown (instead of the cream trouser suit i would have to at the registry office) and my DF would be able to wear a morning suit.Also i could have the pictures to remember it by and then go straight into the honeymoon(perfect!!!!)
I think everyone wants their wedding day to be extra special and something they will remember for the rest of their lives.
I know the renewel of vows wouldnt be the actual wedding day but it makes it alot more special than just going the registery office.
We really wanted to marry abroad but we can only manage 7 days and due to the residency laws we just cant manage it cos sat and sun dont count either or the day you arrive.So i wanted something to make my furture hubby and me feel a million dollors.I hope its possible to do.
Keep your fingers crossed for us.
Thanks again
Kerrie :wave
hi, new to cruising but what i am trying to ask is, anybody got married on a p&o cruise? me and my partner are getting married on the sea princess on its cruise to the carabbean 11 feb 2006. is anyone one on that cruise?we need witnesses at the wedding as there are only the 2 of us out there.
My wife and i will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next year,we were thinking of a cruise around the greek isles,can anybody tell me if you can renew your wedding vows on a thompson cruise ship, at the moment it is the emerald that does this cruise,any info on this would be gratefully received.johnboy :?
Hi Johnboy

Congratulations on the Silver Wedding! I can't speak for the Emerald, but you can certainly renew your wedding vows on the Thomson Spirit. Have you checked the Thomson Cruise brochure?

luci :wave
Many thanks luci i will check the brochure.johnboy :D
me and my husband renewed our wedding vows on the spirit in january they do it on all the ships it was lovely it costs 175 pounds and for that you get dinner at the captains table,certificate,flowers boquet,sparkling wine and the blessing of course they do it round about 6.30pm ours was and you get a photograph a violin plays while you take your vows again and they take lots of photos and a video/dvd that you can buy later think ours was 45 pound for 36 photos and 20 quid for dvd hope this answers your query
Brownetts many thanks for your reply its very much appreciated johnboy :D
forgot to mention we got a free room upgrade and champagne and chocolates in our room,it is well worth the money and a holiday to remember
My wife and i want to renew our wedding vows and would like to know if anyone has done this onboard ship ?
:?:
my wife + i renewed our vows in October on Spirit,it was a brilliant day.
I posted a report on cruise review page in Thomson Spirit.
You can have a wedding or vow renewal on board a Disney Cruise Line ship .

..however, for a wedding you do have to actually go through the 'official' marriage bit whilst in Port Canaveral before you leave. But after this you can chose to have your wedding ceromony either 'at sea' or on Disney's private island (Castaway Cay) in the Bahamas.

Vow renewals are at sea only.

For best prices book direct with Disney Cruise Line (especially with the weak dollar !)

Thought this might be of interest to someone as I'm considering it at the moment (but haven't told my partner yet ... :wink: )
Navigator of the Seas has a wedding chapel but you can only get married in port, not on the high seas. Their website gives details of which ones and various packages. Southampton wasn't listed but a couple of European ports were. You can also renew your vows in the chapel.

I have been on the Spirit and the Emerald and spoken to people who had renewed their vows and they were totally delighted. Said they'd do it all over again. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.