Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Jazz,
I would buy all of your toiletries, medicines etc over here - saves on the weight in your case!! Towels can be bought here but I always like to wash towels before the first use so personally I would bring towels with me. Sun creams are easy to come by and the range here in Goa now is better than it's ever been, also mossie spray and mossie plugs for your room are cheap and easy to come by. With regards to stuff for the kids have a word with Rob from Children Walking Tall, he can let you know if there's anything specific that they need. If you search on here on "Children Walking Tall" you'll find a thread with lots of info.
GFF xx
Thank you both - now starting to get excited!! Take cash or use the bank?? Jazz
I find it best to use a Nationwide Card (no commission) and you always best rates... Also simple, no need to keep large amouts of cash in your case/room. Simple! If there's two of you (a couple) then it's good to have a card each (just incase you loose one). It's as convienant as using one in the UK. Well worth it.

Jazz12 - Dare I say sweets arent the best thing to bring for the children... I am sure the children would say it was but you should think about their poor teeth! :( - Toothpast and toothbrushs would be a better choice! :o) - I know I'm mean, but it's never good when you have to take the children to the dentist (which they don't really like to do) and they have to have their teeth pulled or drilled...

Pens and Pencils also are what most people generally think of to bring as well.. As such we always get plenty... A pencil probably last a few months with a child, where as a bar of soap may last a week or two.. So more soap the better :)

Like GFF said there's a good list on our website.. http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/Charity-Luggage.htm
Things that you want to take to CWT can all be bought easily and cheaply in Goa. You will be able to provide much more. Torches are cheaper in Goa and you can buy them everywhere. Not counting food items everything is available and costs much less, why fill the case up on the way there.
Hapi,

Yes lots of things can be bought in Goa, although clothes are better from the UK as they are much better made...

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.