Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I love the story about Daisy! Where else but in Goa. Does anyone else remember her?
I really enjoyed reading your write-up thanks Roxey. :D
I have just returned from my second visit to Goa, the first being ten year ago. Had a great holiday but liked Goa ten year ago much better.
What a lovely report, so many happy times I`m sure, there was a Cow in Chapora like that although I doubt it was Daisy, this one picked your beer bottles up and drank them while your back was turned :shock:
Roxey tell us more stories I really enjoyed what you had to say ......colleen
The elephant shop!!!, well now probably 20 elephant shops, but when I first visited Goa there was one. Bless their hearts what a wonderful family. One year we were there, last night, buying ciggies, gin etc. Somehow a couple of bags got left in the shop - was mortified when I arrived home at 6.30 in the morning unzipping bags galore to no avail - aaagh no fags!!!!my worst nightmare.
Unbelievable as this may seem, 12 months on walked in there - Madam you left your bag!!!! and there they were ciggies, bottle of gin, other bits and bobs - only in Goa,
For any first timers in Candolim, please find the elephant shop, they do a great exchange rate, if you want anything they can get it - usually involves someone whizzing off on a motorbike somewhere
Oh dear could be on a roll now!!!
Anyone else travelling out beginning of Feb, I am travelling with two Goa newbies, they will be doing the 'sights' I will be 'chilling;
feelthevibe-I know the cow you are talking about-the one who used to peer over the tandoor oven on the corner-I have a photo that I will scan in and post!! The lad who cooked the naan bread used to feed him the end bits lol. awwww Chapora-bless
Hi
I remember the cow too!
We were staying at the Magnum (Nov 04) and Dom Fransisco (Feb 05) and often used to call at that restaurant for a drink on our way home.

It was called Havali Curry House and had really chunky, rustic tables and benches.
They did a great Aloo Chat, but when we went in Feb 06, it was much noisier and bigger and not really to our taste anymore.

Hadojetty - have you posted the photo yet?

Polly
First tuk tuk experience!!! they are fab!!!!!!
What a day that was, booked a tuk tuk from Candolim to Mapusa. Jumped in this strange little 3 wheeled thing, curtained inside,rosary hanging in the front window and little tinny tape player banging out christmas carols!! Unreal.
Off we go racing up the main road, and I mean racing, nothing was too big to take on, cars, buses, two abreast no problem - just whizz past them on the wrong side of the road, never mind who is coming in the opposite direction. Then we overtake an elephant!!! - an elephant in the road how brilliant is that.
Shaken but not stirred arrive at Mapusa market - OMG!!! what an experience the first time was. Bought loads, including some wonderful throws with elephants on - they are still going strong 11 years later.
Goa crazy magical place
AAAAhhhhh how can we forget Daisy she gave us such a laugh. :lol: We were at a restaurant in Candolim about 3 years ago now. When this cow walked up to the entrance of the restaurant and just stood thier looking at us. The owner came out and said that's Daisy she has come for her dinner. When questioned further it transpired that she turned up most nights at the same time looking for diners to go and buy her a loaf of bread from the local shop. So off my patrner goes to the shop with Daisy in tow (can you believe it she followed him all the way to the shop, even stood in the queue in the shop with him, and then followed him all the way back to the restaurant) ha ha it was so funny, we laugh about it to this day! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Loved that story about the cow MK61 ....only in goa :rofl
prettypollycat-I have uploaded the photo but as the image is small on screen it's hard to make out the cow. If you PM me your email I can send it via that if you like.

Kate x
Brilliant stories, keep 'em coming! We've just booked to go back at Christmasso I need plenty of 'fixes' until then.

We loved the cows on Candolim beach. We saw one - it wandered up and down for a while then looked at an umbrella for ages. It lay down under the umbrella in the shade and looked totally peaceful.

I was also really touched by a guy lying on a hammock. He put his arm down and realised there was a dog under it so fussed it for ages whilst he sunbathed and the dog got some shade. I just thought it was a lovely gesture.
This post just popped up on the bottom of the page, was nice to read back, happy memories. I still feel the same about Goa, just love the place and can't wait to go back
You will have seen a lot of changes Roxey over the years. This is our 14th visit and like you we still love it despite all the changes, some bad but some good especially all the great restaurants.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.