Holiday Advice

Holiday Advice From HolidayTruths Admins
Saw this on a website , money supermarket ?? It does depend on your working week , if you're a Monday to Friday worker and get bank hols off all the time , I have the option to work bank hols and get paid extra and get an alternative day off as well . There are some bank hols we have to take . I always have tues and weds as days off and Xmas this year works out great for me , as my bank hols count as the day before , I normally start work at 8pm so I'm off on 24th dec for 25th which is a bank hol and then the 25th for 26th bank hol , if I did work on Tuesday's then the 26th at 8pm I would be in , but I'm off 2 bank hols Sunday 24th and Monday 25th and then days off 26th Tuesday and 27th weds and back on shift Thursday 28th at 8pm , so I get a 4 day break , then I'm off bank hol on Sunday 31st , but technically back in Monday 1st at 8pm and then Tuesday & weds days off , so guess I'm now going to put in for 1 days hol off my allowance on Monday 1st !! Or sweet talk my boss to give it to me as a personal day !! That way I get two 4 days breaks a week apart , so I get 4 off , 3 on and 4 off , only 3 days work in 11 days .
Glynis , with the new year you wouldn't be back to work on Tuesday 2nd jan if you're in Scotland as that is also a bank holiday . I would like to be able to book the middle 3 days I'm rota'd to work end of dec , but I already know the response with the line of work I do , ...... " are you takin the #*#+*##**%%"
Always used to take advantage of these sorts of extended breaks when our kids were young.
Unfortunately many Companies effectively "abolished" the bank holidays back in the 90s. Certainly the large International entity I was working for back then, sent us a letter telling us that all Bank Holidays (bar Xmas/New Year)would be normal working days,paid as part of salary rather than double time which was abolished - we were "compensated" by the award of an extra 5 days of annual leave.
What was particularly annoying at the time, was that the negotiated staff received a financial "sweetener" of ~ £1000 for the potential loss of premium pay !!
  • Edited by brewerdave 2017-03-14 06:27:50
    Spelling mistake
andy66 said:-
Glynis , with the new year you wouldn't be back to work on Tuesday 2nd jan if you're in Scotland as that is also a bank holiday

Oh excellent! Even less days Annual leave to take.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.