Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I know you can usually get camel and horse riding trips on the beaches, as for laundry services we did our own and in that heat it dried in no time atall, but make sure you take a travel iron with you. The internet, I'm not too sure about, some cafes and hotels may have computers but not too sure, I've never really looked for that :!:
I'm another who looks for a laundry service in the last two days of my hols.
We like to come home with our cases packed with clean holiday clothes so they're ready for our next jaunt.
Do people really wear their holiday clothes in the UK ?? I wouldn't be seen dead in some of my holiday shorts and tops.
If anyone knows the score in Port El K please leave advise.
Most hotels have a laundry service and the prices are usually listed in your room. I've never used it myself as I always take travel wash and an iron for my 'smalls' then do the rest when I get home.

Internet is available most places but is very slow - a friend who has just come back from 6 months in Mahdia says it took her over two hours to order her shopping from Tesco's :lol:
2 hours 55 minutes actually Aslemma!! :rage (but worth it eventually) There are several internet offices in all the major holiday resorts which are much cheaper than the ones in the hotels. Cost is normally 1 to 1.5 dinars an hour (as opposed to 10 dinars) and offices usually open at 11am. The taxi drivers will be able to point you in the right direction. Suggest that you avoid weekends when they are usually full of students.
There use to be a laundrette in Port el Kantaoui, but not sure of it is still there now. Go through the entrance to the marina - take a right turn and follow the small street along and the laundrette used to be there. As Alsemma said, all the hotels have a laundry service, but is normally quite expensive if you have lots of items e.g. T shirts 4 diners (£2) If you go in the summer months, any items washed out and put on the chairs on your balcony, will be dry the following morning - and the local shops sell little packets of excellent powder for hand washing. Hope that helps.
I know Jenny, but I didn't want to frighten Tiger off the Tunisian internet completely. :lol: I hope your shopping was delivered safely after all that. :roll:
Incidentally, take some large clothes pegs with you as many of the hotels have quite thick rails on the walls for drying things on but small pegs don't fit.
It was Aslemma, so just proves to Tiger that it does ( :bhead ) eventually work if you have the patience!
Thankyou all for the advice, looks like handwashing then, but a small sacrifice considering i dont have to cook for 2 weeks :D normally self catering :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.