General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
2014 Holidays
80 Posts
I actually made good experiences with booking last-minute.
2014! I don't plan that far ahead! :)

We normally go away September time so would generally book around July. :) I don't find that I get it any cheaper by booking in advance.
I am looking for 2014 already , i'm also still looking to book something for either October or New Year for this year, we have our holiday to Kalamaki booked and paid for in August to look forward to .
Yes have already started to think about holiday plans for next year, but that's as far as i've got . Just back from
a short break , and still have holidays in may, august and october to look forward to this year. :D

The reason we are able to have a few hols every year, is that i plan them really well, book flights immediately

when they go on sale, and take advantage of early booking discounts ect, so for us it's worth planning and booking far ahead.

At the moment for 2014, looking at south of france for the main summer hols malta in may, and possibly a few days in barcelona or lisbon in april,- just dh and i.

We also normally have a long weekend in the february half term holiday in london, and i am saving my tesco vouchers again for that for next year.

We will also manage a few camping weekends in the uk if the weather is nice. :sun2
we have 1 holiday a year 2 weeks and always plan ahead, for hotel, read reviews ask on fourms, find out what there is to do and places to eat ect there
We are off to Skopelos in Aug and for next yr thinking of either Thassos or Kalkan in Turkey. Will book as soon as we get back from this years
I haven't a clue where to go next year, I struggled a bit deciding this year to be honest :(
Me too Glynis, can't get my head around this years let alone next years. But I am sure something will turn up for us, either a moment if inspiration or failing that a return to an old favorite :tup

Doe :sun2
Just back from our holiday in Ibiza and looking for next year - the only problem is that flight details haven't been released yet for Easyjet etc yet, so we can only look at possible locations.
Need to research the hotels more thoroughly though, as there wasn't any entertainment on for the week we just had (something the hotel neglected to mention alongside the "Entertainment 6 Nights A Week" bit)
Looking all the time!
always ready to pick up a bargain, even if somewhere I wouldn't normally consider.
two booked for this year and january/feb next year but keep looking to see if any good deals for turkey/greece show up for may/june etc.
Always seems to a bit of a gamble, early booking discounts or last minute...some you win, some you lose.
not even thinking about next year as we are going in dec for 3 weeks which is a late 1 for us..mind you if plans go well I am hoping for a quick week to turkey in the summer..
We're on countdown to April 2014 as we've booked 2 weeks at Cayo Levantado in the Dom Rep for Hubby's 40th. Now wishing my life away..so excited!

We usually go abroad twice each year, 2 weeks in Mar/Apr and then a week in Sep or Xmas time but we're paying for a new bathroom this year so just a few trips to Scarborough for us instead!
Missing my sunlounger time though, sitting on the patio with a glass of wine listening to the neighbours arguing just isn't the same :-(
Welcome to the forums gogodancer :tup Nice to have you on board :cheers
sitting on the patio with a glass of wine listening to the neighbours arguing just isn't the same :-(

ask them to argue in Spanish, it will feel like the Costa :cheers
hi gogodancer welcome to the site we are going to dom rep in dec staying same area but in the cayocoa counting the days too...
I can't wait to book ours for next year as we aren't having one this year due to starting a new job so can't get any time off just yet so roll on the end of the month when I'm gonna book up :)
As I retire in 73 days we are going to go several holidays next year, so far we have booked 2 weeks in Egypt at the end of January, 4 weeks in our favourite Malta in May/June, 2 weeks in Tenerife in July and 2 weeks in Turkey in September.
we've booked our usual Goa holiday in jan/feb/march but after looking for Turkey during the summer we have found that with only a couple of exceptions flights to Turkey, especially Bodrum , are all miserable timings.
We've booked our 3 week hol's to Goa nov/dec didn't go last year wonder if i'll notice any changes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.