Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Oooh now this sounds like a great hotel - does anyone know what the kids club includes here, and if ice cream etc is served at the snack bars?
The kids seem to be very well looked after. They have a play park near the beach, and the animation team are excellent.
No ice cream in the Snack bars. Although it is available in the main restaurant.
All in all it is a fab hotel, and we will be back next year.
hi,

just booked up for the abou, not going til next year but i'm already soo excited. had a fab time in 2008 when we were last there.

anyway my question, as it stands at the moment our flight times with thomas cook are amazing, land in tunisa for 9am and on the last day we don't get back to newcastle til 9.15pm. knowing my luck they'll change the schedule and i'll be home by 2pm. so what happens when it gets to 12 on our day of departure. does the AI stop or can we continue using the facilities until our coach arrives? didn't have this dilema last time as we were on a lunchtime flight home; thomson had 2 planes flying back to manchester and we were on the almost empty one, was gutted i'd paid for my extra legroom cos we had 3 seats each on the flight.

cheers

joules
so what happens when it gets to 12 on our day of departure. does the AI stop or can we continue using the facilities until our coach arrives

:tup Continue to enjoy your stay and all the facilities are available until you depart.
the Al can be used until you leave the hotel.
As we had to cancel out trip to Cape Verde, were off in 3 weeks on Sunday to the Abou Sofianne.
Hope the weather is still a bit warmer than the UK? :sun2
Hope the weather is still a bit warmer than the UK?

Sorry Jimmy, frost & deep snow are forecast, you stay here and I will go for you ;)

I hope you both enjoy going back again :tup

Graham
came back about a week ago from this place, I love it there! Cant wait to go back again, hopefully!
Well folks that's another visit to the Sofiane over. :cry

Both of us had yet again a fantastic holiday at this hotel.
It is always nice to return to somewhere that you feel relaxed and at ease, and to see again new and old faces, and make new friends.

Nothing has changed at the hotel except the wi-fi now has a charge of 8 dinars for 30min and 15 for an hour. Not a great amount, you might say, but as the connection is quite slow, not giving you much time to do anything. We found it a bit steep.
This showed by the amount of guests who used this service. Pity.

The lunch at the Sultana restaurant next to the fountain was again a success, 10 of us met last Thursday. Had a lovely meal and a good blether. :rofl

Hoping to return next March or April. :tup
Jimmy,If you return in March avoid the weekend of March 21st!
We were there this March and this is the weekend that hundreds of locals came to the hotel for their Bank Holiday Weekend. :yikes
It was utter chaos and even the staff advised us to avoid this weekend.
We plan to go back around March 24th. :sun2
Thanks Jay Trip, i remember your comments in March. Bit of an eye-opener? :cry
But, to be honest i forgot about it untill you posted :duh
Cheers :cheers
Jim
Ah well, here we go again. :duh Got to pay our balance for our trip on 4th Sept :D
It will be nice to eventually return to Tunisia, meet up with friends and enjoy some well needed sunshine :sun2 .

Has anyone used a taxi from Enfidha to PEK lately?
Hi Jimmy, I'm told the journey from Enfidha takes about the same time as from Monastir as it is nearly all motorway. but I've also heard that taxis are in short supply, which is very unusual for Tunisia. I would suggest you check A2B Transfers or Transfers4U, I've used the former several times from Tunis but Transfers4U are even cheaper..
Thanks Pat. Having the usual problems with transfers. I just wish the "transfer coaches" would open their eyes to alternative baggage (Anne's wee scooter). :rofl

I'll give you a call before Mon, regarding a meet up next week. :yipee
Hi Jimmy - just returned from PEK/Enfidah and there are def no waiting taxis - you have to prebook. Wont the TO take scooters? There was a disabled guy at M Palace who always phones his taxi man before he arrives and he is always there waiting for him (of course he's been there about 20 times so knows the taxi driver well and I'm sure he told us it was one of the regular taxis based at El Mouradi whom he met years ago). Maybe the hotel would send a taxi? Enjoy yourselves - we had a fab time, the resort was busier than we expected but the hotel was quieter which was perfect! :)
Glad you had a fab time Anne. Never had a real reason why transfer coaches refuse to take Mobility scooters, Spain does and UK of course.
I've e-mailed the hotel regarding booking a taxi. Tui book this for us usually, but as we are traveling with TC they don't.
Still plenty time to sort it out :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.