Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Glad you've got it sorted Jimmy. Hope you and Anne have a fabulous time as usual. Give my love to all friends.
Is anyone else flying out on the 18th Sept from Gatwick?
Will do Aslemma. Going to drop Heather a line and try and catch up at the usual haunt. Sam has been in touch.
Surprised with the taxi offer though. The hotel must be pulling out some stops to help their guests out. Can only be a good thing.
Be in touch.
Hi

I know someone that has recently come back from the Abou Sofiane and they said that the hotel was almost empty and had only a bit of the hotel open.

Not sure why this was.

Hopefully it had filled up by time you get there.

Have a nice time
Your right Paula, just had a post from Facebook saying the same thing. Hotel only half open. I'll find out why soon enough. :think
All the more food and drink for meeeeeeeee :yikes :D
I'm really getting worried about how empty the hotel is. I hope there's people there when I go. Do you think they'll still have the activities and entertainment on an evening? Because its my birthday while there and I want to be other guests to celebrate. Or am I just worrying to much?
Sorry folks for taking so long to get this post in. But i was on holiday :rofl only kiddin :D

The hotel in general seems to be feeling the effect from the past 10 months of unrest. The hotel was pretty quiet for the time of year, 4th to the 18th Sept, and had been for months, only third full.
The staff has been cut back pretty bad and the animation guys were cut to 4. Shaggy has left for London, i believe. The 2 girls are gone,Izadine is away,Sabre and Faddy are still there behind the bars though.
The food was quite plain, hygiene all over was unfortunately not at the usual standard. Entertainment was ok but not the shows we were used to and loved. The boys done their best under the circumstances and a are credit to themselves.
Although some of them have been replaced.

Some complaints about house staff entering rooms out of working hours, and one couple asked to be moved to another hotel it was that bad for them, lots of people there for the 1st time will not be back.
All in all we enjoyed our holiday but it certainly has felt the backlash and it shows. Going back?? yes in 2 weeks, but going to the Riviera. Got a deal, £317 from Airtours each AI for 12 days from Glasgow. The Sofiane was a bit more expensive. And flights from Glasgow were getting few and far between.

Don't let this put you off the hotel. It is still one of the best we have been to (4 times now). And we will be back next year. :tup
I have also been looking at the great prices and reviews for the Riviera for November but we have just ordered a new central heating boiler so will have to wait to book until we get that sorted.
I loved the Abou Sofianne when we went in March 2010 and it wouldnt be the same without the great animation team they had then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.