Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi We are going first week in July will let you know what is what

Nasher :cheers
hello we went there over 6 years ago for xmas and i can tell you it was then a great hotel with freindly staff,loads to do night and day.
you can also use their sister hotels facillaties next door in the riviara.

come to think of it it was here where we came down xmas morning and found 3 wize men and 2 camels in reception lol.
you will enjoy the hotel and pek..
the local souks are very busy and can be intiminating as the tunisians are very pushy sellers.
Thanks nasher & madasharley.

Looking forward to going, having been to Egypt a couple of times I know how pushy the sellers are there, and indeed it is a bit intimidating.

come to think of it it was here where we came down xmas morning and found 3 wize men and 2 camels in reception

brilliant :rofl
yes we have also done egypt twice but believe me the tunisians were 10 times worse even swearing at you if you whould not look in their shop. :que
Going to this hotel in 1 week, has anybody been ,is it a clean hotel and what is th food like? :clap :hols
Hi nasher :wave:

If you get the chance could you remember to check out what location the best room numbers are for a sunny peaceful room with a pleasent view and if you can let me know on your return I will request them from the hotel :tup

There are plenty of recent reviews and pictures HERE and they are nearly all very good and positive, with many excellent comments on the cleanliness and food.

Thanks for any help, and most importantly have a super holiday :sun2
Graham
Hi

My wife and i are off to the Occidental Allegro Abou Sofiane on the 31st Aug 08 was just wondering of anyone was gonna be there at the same time or if anyone that has been this year can let me know anymore about the hotel that would be great

Kev & Suzie
when in august will you be there? my wife and i fly out on the 31st Aug for 1 week
Hi Kev & Suzie :wave:

We are going on the 13th so will be back by the time you go there.

Graham
I stayed at the Abou Sofiane a week in May.

Considering it was a 3*+ I was impressed with absolutely everything.

The rooms were simple but spacious, we were in room 116 on the first floor, we had a balcony overlooking a grass area & the outside bar area, we had no problems at all with noise any time of the day. The main area for evening shows is not near the rooms so I imagine no problems with noise.

Considering we were 2 girls in our 20's we had no trouble, staff were fantastic & could not have been more helpful or hardworking. Food great also.

Our hottest day mid-May was 35 but most days had a cool breeze. I imagine in August it could be early-mid 40's atleast.

We'll definately be returning.

Hope this helps.

L
:wave Hi Just came back , red hot between 45-47 while we were there, food ok always found, something to eat , mainly German or french, however there is some English food to be had . Good pool, only 2 min scroll down to hotels own beach. Staff very good, went with Thomas Cook their rep Will is excellent nothing is a bother. Just a word of warning if you don,t get a room near the lift you have to walk half a mile to your room, no I'm not kidding long corridors. not a lot of rooms with a pool view as loads of trees between pool and main block. Room 210 2nd floor is nice, it is near the lift and has some view of the pool.You get one large bottle of water a day. if you want a fridge you have to pay for you 10d a day even if it is for medical reasons. you will have to go to the Port it is lovely on a night all lit up. loads of shops. Don't forget to haggle, unless the shop has a picture of the president outside it, these are fixed price shops. Taxi's cheap. The Africa trip is very good well worth the money.

It is different not at all like the med where I normal go. you know what they say a change is as good as a rest. Some people go year after year. Sun beds people pay the poolman to keep beds for them, they are not mean't to but they do. you will need to be an early riser to get a good spot.
Thanks lmarie & nasher

It all sounds good.

If we request either a room in numbers accommodation block1 or 2 do you think these would be a good choice ? or should I try and be a bit more specific ? I know this is a hard question :think
Did the rooms have balcony's that one could sit out in the sun later on in the afternoon, I like to have a seat in the afternoon / early evening with a wine or beer.

I am not really fussy :rofl

Nasher we do intend to go in to the port area, I know there are fountains that are supposed to be very nice at night.

As long as the food is fresh we are not bothered what style it is as we are very adventurous when it comes to trying other dishes.

What is the African trip and how much did it cost ?

Thanks
Graham
Hi Graham, the Africa trip costs about 116D for 2 which is not that much and it is well worth the money anyway. where we were none of the rooms got the suns rays during the day, however it was still quite nice sitting out on the balcony, I think all the rooms have either a terrace or a balcony.

The main block I think is the best, as one of the blocks is near the pool and it would by very noisy with the loud music coming from the pool and then the disco on a night. when I say near the pool you still don't overlook the pool itself.
Thanks nasher

can you tell me a bit more about the Africa trip, what is envolved etc, that sounds very interesting.

Cheers :tup
Hi you first have a walk around the Zoo , you can see the animals close up, tigers lions elephants etc. there is plenty of places where you can get a drink along the way and if you need the loo, Then you go to a giant africa hut which contains loads of seats. All the English sit together , French together and so on. you then have a 3 course meal which is very nice, along with all the wine or cold drinks you want. After that there is a show Zulu dancers, belly dancers and of course tunsia dancers. You can buy a photo of youself with one of the zulu dancers, he comes around all the tables. you don't have to buy if you don't want to. we thought it was well worth ther money one of the best trips we have been on.
Thanks nasher

Sound like a bit of fun :tup

Did you book this localy or from your rep ? can you remember the price ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.