Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi and welcome to HT!

dizzyjs wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if I've got my rights correct as to a Travel operator changing accommodation.
We'd be entitled to:
Receive a refund for the difference in price when you accept an inferior quality holiday
A better or equivalent holiday without being charged anymore
Receive a refund without a cancellation fee

Yes that sounds right.

dizzyjs wrote:

Could we claim for the Car hire etc if we request a refund as the accommodation we had booked was No 1 in TripAdvisor and nothing else is available in area

No, unless this forms part of the contract with the tour operator and was booked with them.

dizzyjs wrote:

Also and could our niece & Nephew make any claim??

Not if they are on a separate booking and are being provided with what they booked.

Who is the tour operator and how did you pay, eg by credit card?

luci :wave
Bit late now, but when you say
Receive a refund for the difference in price when you accept an inferior quality holiday
A better or equivalent holiday without being charged anymore
Receive a refund without a cancellation fee

was that taken for the T&Cs in the contract or just a good guess? It's not far off what I'd expect to find in the T&Cs but your rights are what are written there, how they compensate for the lower star rating is variable. But there's almost certainly something else - late notice compensation! Most operators give compensation if they make a major change this close to departure and downgrading will be a major change. This usually applies whether you take the alteration or cancel and get a refund, the amount usually varies on a sliding scale starting at about 56 days notice but this close you'll be in the top band. If they try to shove something in your hand at the airport don't sign for anything until you've read it carefully and make sure you understand the T&Cs before you go in case they try to underpay.

Whiich operator and hotel was this?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.