Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
I would try Trailfinders to start with. I haven't been to Australia yet but these folks are pretty flexible.
Can't help with accommodation but we've visited Australiia about ten times in the last few years and have used a variety of airlines. If you are traveling economy unless you don't need as much legroom as possible I would pick either Singapore or Cathay over Qantas. We've also used Emirates and Malaysian and found them also to be more comfortable legroom wise than Qantas. We've also found the worst to be B.A. Hope this helps
Alan
Have a look at this firm for Canberra. The accommodation in Oz is NOT the cheap option it used to be when the X-Rate was $2.55 to the £.
Just Google Caravan Parks in Sydney for cheaper option of chalets in that area, but on average you'll be looking at a minimum of £100 a night for a room in a hotel/motel. Much cheaper inland.
For flights, look at Emirates. Qantas share their flights with BA on a lot of routes and I wouldn't use them again
Re the last post, qantas has changed it's hub frob Singapore to Dubai and as a consequence is now code sharing with Emirates. If using a booking online agent such as dialaflight.com or others, make sure you insist that all your flights Emirates ones. If booking direct on Emirates website make sure you are on a flight of Emirates and not a Qantas one as its an easy mistake to make.
Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.