Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I'd have thought that Customer Affairs and Services were the same thing. But before writing to anyone - was this part of a package with the tour or did you book it seperately?
Is your complaint that you weren't given more information or the fact you reached your destination 12 hours late and missed a night at your hotel and then a tour?
To be honest I'm having trouble actually working out what exactly your complaint is. As tisonlymoi says are you just complaining because you weren't given information or are you wanting recompensation for arriving late. I really think you need to give us more info.

As regards to an address I'm with Steve, surely Customer Affairs are the same as Customer Services.
Be prepared to wait a while though for an answer from the airline as they are notorious for slow service and then you may only get a stock answer to your letter, not at all answering your complaint.
Let us know what happens.
Was booked as part of a tour but tour rep said it was Emirates fault we were late and not theirs and they are not involved (which is correct).
Have read we are entitled to compensation because of the amount of time we were late as we had paid for hotel accommodation.
Wanted to ask Emirates if this is so and also tell them how bad their customer relations is - we were told nothing more than we were turning round due to engine trouble and were just kept in the dark re our onward journey time etc.
Maybe I should not bother.
Have you contacted your travel insurers? Am not sure if they could help but worth a try.

Good luck. Don't give up :tup
I'd have a word with your insurers as Glynis has said.....it might have been Emirates fault you were late but if it was down to engine trouble, would you rather them still fly and run the risk of something bad happening, or return to Dubai until such time as the plane (or replacement) was safely ready to take you?

I do understand your disappointment but if it's down to plane safety I personally wouldn't be directing a complaint at the airline....but by all means give your insurer a call and see if there's anything you can claim for.
If it was a tour booked through a UK company (ie the flight shown in the basic tour itinery and not as a connecting add-on they sorted out for you) then the Tour Op does have a liablity as Emirates were working as their contractor and you would have no direct contract with Emirates which could make getting a response out of them worse. If it was an add-on the tour op booked as your agent then you should be chasing Emirates. But be warned, in that case you are asking for consequential damages and no transport operator in the world will get invovled with that so you'll be dancing around dealing with "goodwill payments" or even vouchers.

Insurance was my first thought but it tends to be worded as delayed departure from UK exit point not delayed arrival at destination. No harm in asking but don't build your hopes up.
ive recently come back from 5 flights with emirates and had all sorts of problems, especially with assistance on and off plane i paid £50 medical form for and they didnt honour it, and they are only answering what the want and avoiding most of my questions and now not replying to me, i did book this as a package but it was the flights that were problems , i have contacted CAA who said would ring me back and havent so far, they did say they couldnt do much even though i have photo evidence of 1 incident baby and bags all over the floor on landing, they said i needed to complain to dubai airport, apart from trying to contact netflights who i booked with is there anyone else i can contact, it seems when its airline problems you dont have much come back
What exactly went wrong & what weren't you happy with Karen?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.