General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Have you considered long haul? Mexico for instance? We are going to the Royal Playa del Carmen in September. It's an adult only hotel, hot tub in bedroom, no reservations needed at the al-a-carte restaurants, on the beach and near to 5th ave. Comes within your budget. Sounds wonderful, We can't wait to go!! Google Real resorts, Mexico
Denny
Wow - sounds wonderful - I will go and check it out

Many thanks
Hi, also have a look at the Blue Bay villa doradas in the Dominican, its adult only also, :)
we are due to go the 22nd November this year so i will be postinig a review on Trip Advisor (there are loads on there at the moment...its rated #3 in playa dorada!!!!)

Facilities include three retaurants, gym, spa etc!!!

It cost us around £1500, so not sure how much it would be next year...in the summer??

Good luck!!

P.S we are 29 and 32!!

Lou x
With £2500 for two people for 2 weeks, there are many opportunities available.
When they rebuild the PRDO in CUBA, that is adult only always with very good reviews.

I think there a couple of real "Adult only" hotels in Jamaica according to the old TV programs.

We have been to the IHD in the DR, Playa Pesquero in Cuba, and the GBP Coba in Mexico, which although not adult only, are all large enough to offer quiet relaxing areas as well as slightly more lively ones. The food and drink provision was good, but with your budget and a good deal you could easily afford the even better hotels...

For my last Caribbean holiday I spoke to the caribbean warehouse, there is a thread on the forum, and was very impressed with their knowledge. I ended up booking with them and then found I had saved a packet as well compared to the cheap deals I usually chase. If you decide the Caribbean is a possibility, it may be worth having a chat with them to see if they can match your requirements to a better hotel.
I did not book there and then and there was no undue pressure whilst I pondered, I even changed countries mid ponder!

Apart from those, there are the 5 stars in Sharm, but make sure you check the reviews re food etc. and there are some 5 stars in Turkey. A friend went to one in Side and was very impressed.

Good luck with your quest, but remember to check reviews before you book!.
Hi,

Have a look at LYKIA WORLD olu deniz in turkey.

It has 19 pools, 2 of which are for adults only, one of them is called the blue lagoon, which we stay around, and only about 15 couples go there so its nice and peacefull.

Yes its a resort for families, but its full board plus which means everything is included at meal times and a choice of 3 buffet restarants and 7 specialitly ones, wine and beer free with meals while your sat at your table but you leave on your table what you have not drunk, you then buy drinks at the bars and its charged to your room account which you pay before leaving,

Have a look and see what you think .... we're going on 8th june 2009 ... just 2 adults ..staying in the residence ( hotel) for £1242 with thomas cook from gatwick.

the water park seems like its for kids but when you get there it's mainly adults !! :cheers

let me know what you think :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.