Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Yes, Costa Adeje should suit just fine. Make sure you are at the Fanabe/El Duque end of the resort. The Torviscas end is what you don't want.
Would definitely agree on Costa Adeje. The areas around Playa Fanabe/Torviscas are fine - but stick near to the sea. Some lovely seafront hotels and apartments and nice, safe beaches
I agree Costa Adeje is the smartest part of PDLA, it has some lovely hotels and Duque beach is one of the best. Duque shopping centre is also good.

At the other end of PDLA I quite like the area around the Mare Nostrum resort and the beach by the Sir Anthony is really nice. I think the shopping centre is called Safari and seemed like a good one.

Moving away from PDLA, Los Gigantes/Playa La Arena is a nice little resort, though you can feel a little out on a limb when it comes to excursions. The Hotel Playa La Arena is very good, stayed there several times including being moved there when we got stranded by the Iceland volcano a couple of years ago.
If you're a beach lover though, they are all black sand which I personally hate, resembles a coal yard and being coated in black grit is not a good look !
Not sure why Los Cristianos not come into the equation?
One of the best beaches for kids (Las Vistas), close at hand to all excursions, lovely safe long promenade walkway and nice Canarian feel to the old town for shopping and eating, only 15 mins from airport.
Totally agree, Los Christianos in my opinion is a much nicer place for a relaxing holiday, been to Adeje but wouldnt go back since we tried LC. Also think it is cheaper as well.
These things are always down to personal opinion, but IMHO if you've been to Costa Adeje and Los Cristianos then you know which is the better. Clue, it's not LC.
Everything is just an opinion but to to imply one place is "better" than the other isnt that simple. Both Costa Adeje and Los Cris have a lot going for them, its just a matter of choice.
Personally I would say if you have children LC is the better option for reasons stated in my previous post.
Costa Adeje is fine but purpose built so no Canarian feel to it.
My kids are not little, they will be 18,15 and 13 when we go. I have found a really nice apartment in the El Duque area, less than 10 mins from the beach.

Flights are now booked but as always just want one final check to see what is out there before I confirm. I have had a brief look and I still keep coming back to the apartment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.