Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi jagsareus
that is quite simple really but first make sure you have some lira if the car is parked in the car park to get out
right on leaving the airportkeep driving straight you will pass the town of dalaman keep going straight on until you see susuzki sign on a small shop on the right turn right here but if you miss it dont worry take the next major right at the lights you are then on the fetiye road if you took the first option at the suzki garage follow till the end then turn right this is the fethiye road just keep following this road till the gocek tunnel you will need 2.5ytl then carry on following the road till you see signs for fethiye its a major junction the total journey is 65 km at the major junction turn right this takes you to the centrum of fetiye
its easy really
Thanks Maverick, I'll be sure to print out your directions and give them to my co-driver. How long does this journey normally take?

Cheers
give yourself about one hour 15 mins to one hour 30mins if you are new to driving in this area but you will be fine what time you arriving day time or evening
Thanks again Maverick, we are scheduled to arrive at 20:35. Do you know anything about the Majesty Tuana Beach Club? There doesn't appear to be many reviews.

Cheers.
this is you hotel address
its in the centrum
Yaniklar Koyu
Mugla
Fethiye, Mugla 48300
Turkey
Thanks again, I got your PM's, the reviews look quite promising. Really looking forward to going now.

Cheers
Hi,

Just a little correction, the journey will take about half an hour to 45 mins (depending on how fast or slow you drive :) ) from the airport to the hotel if you use the new tunnel.

Enjoy your holiday :)
Thanks hayal for the info.
That is a turkish half hour its better to give an outside time for new drivers to the area and not what you and i could drive it in although i would be very pushed to do it in half hour hayal :lol:
Really?? With the new tunnell as well?? I don't know... I do know those roads very well so I know that would make a difference but I don't really drive that fast.... do I??? :lol: But you need to bear in mind that the Tuana is about 15 - 20 mins outside of Fethiye, so it is actually closer to the airport that Fethiye or Oludeniz which is even further, so I really do believe you could make it in 30 mins, but then again its best to be safe and go slowly I suppose :D Let us know how long it was when you get back will you :D
I'll make sure my co-pilot oops co-driver has the stop watch at the ready. :lol:

Thanks again.
hayal
i bet its faster than my dogan thats where the time difference comes in its like driving a pedal car lol
:lol:

I am looking forward to reading about your driving experience when you get back :D
Well it took 35 minutes and we found it first time. Thanks for all your help and directions. We loved Turkey so much that we have booked our 2007 summer holiday last night to go back. We have booked the Club Letoonia for 14 nights on June 29th. We have also decided to take the kids along with us this time (one aged 11 years and one aged 9 months). We hired a car the last time, but never really used it that much and I was not going to bother this time with the hire car, which leads to my next question, is it possible to book a local taxi to take us to our hotel and take us back when our holiday is over. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

P.S. The Turkish roads where better than I expected, I soon learned to flash my lights and sound my horn with the best of them :lol:
hi

we stayed at letoonia this month any questions i can help you with pm me, we booked a private taxi from airport to letoonia with orange cars

karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.