General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Kenya.

I visited Kenya in November a few years ago. Although it rains in November it's not the main rainy season and we only had the occasional short shower, other than that the weather was fabulous. I'm pretty sure Thomson do AI to a number of hotels there.
We did think of Kenya but the recent terrorist warnings has kinda put us off there. We were thinking perhaps Goa, Maldives, Cuba, Mexico, etc tho it seems weather in the Caribbean can be hit or miss in November from what I've heard. Pity Thomson dont go to Thailand!
Hi Gary,

Although not long haul, have you thought about Egypt? Your will certainally be guaranteed hot weather there in Nov with no rain ..... usually around 90 degrees. Although if you did consider going there, look to book 5* only.

Pat
Yes another suggestion for Egypt, the Movenpick in El Gouna was very nice although I am not sure if Thomson go there, also there are many nice 5* hotels in Sharm el Sheikh, I'm sure Thomson go there and Taba, Dahab etc
Pity Thomson dont go to Thailand

Hi garyholc,
Actually you CAN go to Thailand with Thomson - or at least part of the TUI empire called Hayes and Jarvis.
I'm off to Phuket this November with them - found a great deal
How about Mexico? Good weather at that time of year and some good places to eat out .
If you are looking at Goa- its not worth going AI unless its in the middle of nowhere.
We went the Dom Rep in November, it was the middle/end of November but the weather was fab. It was in the 30's every day with a tiny bit of rain a couple of days. I thought it was a great time of the year to go and would love to go at that time again. It was snowing in Liverpool while we were there!!

Steph
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Been to Egypt and Dom Rep so not looking to go back, but UkBill thanks for the suggestion, my partner forgot about them so she is going to see what discount she can get with them. Their prices arent bad actually considering they include flights.

Think we are pretty set on Thailand now to be honest, need to just decide on where to go and stay!!! So many choices!

Thanks all
Hi Garyholc
H&J were doing some really good deals a few weeks ago.
They were including free of charge Manchester airport lounge, and, at the hotel I picked, a $100 drinks/food voucher provided on arrival.
Flights are Qatar - and I've even been able to select my seats on the Qatar website for all flight elements this far in advance, since H&J provide the magic code at the time of booking.
Only downside is that the return flight touches down at Kuala Lumpur, and that there's a several hour stopover in Doha.
Hope you get a great deal.
cheers
Bill
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.