Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Advice please
9 Posts
The madeiro centro (spelling maybe wrong) is a good 4 star hotel on the edge of the old town.flat area and I think there is bingo round the corner behind Mcdonalds not a singles hotel and not the cheapest hotel but not too expensive.Not many english in the hotel.Take a look at the hotel review section on this website.It is the best hotel I have stayed in in Benidorm and I would definately go back there again. We did not see the entertainment in the hotel but there was entertainment there.
The ambassader hotel has bingo and entertainment every night and its on the flat.Entertainment inside and outside in summer months .
Can recommend the venus hotel, gorgeous food, and a very quiet hotel (Email and ask for a pool view) -Not sure about bingo- at the hotel, but more or less opposite (Sinatra's) they play bingo every afternoon 2-5. Cosmopolantan (JJ's) every night (Its opposite sol pelicanos)- |They have jackpot nights tue, fri, and sun, (Last house pays 1,000 euros) . Bingo at plaza bar (Evening), john and josephs (Dinner)- .

I noticed you were thinking of staying at ambassador- it's a nice hotel- stayed there 3 times, food good, although we have noticed the standards have dropped slightly, rooms on the smallish side for 3- but fine for the 2 of you. It can be quiet noisy, and we had trouble for a few nights sleeping. As for ages group- its definately mixed- young and old.

Having stayed at the venus (Purley be accident- we found a great deal- really cheap)- I wouldnt go back to the ambassador, we'd always book the venus now if we were booking for our main 2 week holiday.

Ps The sister hotel (Orange), is a nearly as nice too, slightly smaller, variety of food isnt as great, and the pool area smaller- but I can recomend this hotel too!

Any other questions, just ask!

Belly
Forgot to mention- a nice time to go, is last 2 weeks in september, or even last week in september, first week in october (This is when we usually go). The weather is usually still quiet hot in day (But can get a bit chilly at night).

Ps we as a family are in same age group, as you, your parents, and daughter!

Belly!
hi guys, looking for hotel which has high standards, good food and great entertainment, we are in our 40s, daughter 19 and parents 70s, can you think of any that fit the bill? :think
  • Edited by David 2009-04-02 12:40:28
    Merged with existing topic which has already given you some recommendations that you perhaps may have missed, as you did not reply to them.
hi belly, venus looks really nice, but we need hotel with good entertainment as my parents tend not to go out at night
venus hotel is fine for what you need.bingo ect.you could also a small walk down the road.go to the calypso hotel (very nice inside)for the evening music and show,its in the same group and they don;t mind anyone poping in.but at the venus downstairs is bingo quizz.upstaire in the liunge bar there will be a artist on or small group.alot more familys stay in the ambassador.tell you the truth .i stayed there years ago,and i would not go back.glad it was only for 5 days aswell.food was not very good as well.price up the venus anyway.lefts to all floors.

servigroup hotels are very good.you can book direct but you will have to sort out flight tranfers ect,yourself.or i have a site you could try pm me diy again..or you might get a good deal from tui.
The Rio park and May is a good hotel and time to go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.