Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
advice please
8 Posts
Are you sure you have got the resorts correct?

There is a Krystal hotel in both Sunny Beach and Golden Sands but I only know of one Obzor/Izgrev hotel which is in Golden Sands.

Patka
You are right its Golden sands . :oops:
Hi Paul,

a.) The reports on the Kristal, Sunny Beach can be found HERE not too ambiguous or confusing judging by the most recent few (dated 2005) that I read... looks like one to avoid, based on those reports, unless it has improved dramatically in the past year or so.

b.) There is also a Kristal in Golden Sands - reviews HERE

c.) The Obzor/Izgrev Beach is/are located in Golden Sands, rather than Sunny Beach, according to our reviews section.

As the latter two (b) & (c) are both 4* in Golden Sands, I suspect that you are confusing the two resorts, which are quite a distance apart?

Baldur
Hi Paul, Baldur, as usual is 100% right.
The Kristal in Sunny Beach has been featured on Holiday's From Hell and is certainly one to avaid like the plague.
The Golden Sands hotels are both fine, and in fact we are staying in the Obzor next year. It is situated right on the beach front away from the main party area ( but easy reach ).

8) Toonman
Thanks for puting that right. :D If you had a choice which holtel would you choose?
1. Kristel at golden sandsor
2.Iberostar obzor beach& izgrey at golden sands
Thanks Paul my wife and I cant decied and we have not been to Bulgaria before. :?:
Hi Paul

A lot depends on who is travelling, Are you taking kids? Do you want to party every night? Do you want to spend lots of time on beach?

I would prefer the Obzor/Izgrev because as Toonman says it's at the quieter part of the resort right next to the beach with plenty of space on the beach, but easy enough to get to the livelier areas.

Patka
Thanks. We will take no children they have grown up and left the nest.We dont want it to quiet and are not beach people but do not want a lot of noise at night.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.