Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
I am pretty sure Tidal waves is virtually next door to me, very close to the beach, If it is where I am thinking I have a friend who stays there every year, and seems happy with it, I will try and find out for sure tomorrow.
Re train travel, there is a section at the top of the page with a lot of useful information.
Thanks Lin. If you could find out that would be very helpful. There doesn't seem to be any websites on the guesthouse so I feel a bit in the dark. Would be good to hear of a recommendation.
What a great website! I'm learning so much from just trailing through the many posts!
Cheers, Mel.
Mel
Welcome to HT. I just knew that lin would answer- she is one of many who can give you good advice. You've joined a first class forum( totally unbiased opinion!)
advice on trains here
Hampi here
Golden Triangle tours here
Thanks Fiona, It sounds like I need to get out more.
It is the place I was thinking of, it is in a nice location very close to the beach. Cant get hold of the friend who stays there, but he has been using it for a few years and I remember him saying the owner is a nice helpful guy, It looks nice but I havn't been inside. The owner also has a beach shack of the same name, mayby someone else here may have used it.
Hope this helps a little,
Lin
If the owner is called Warren then my friends stay there and the rooms are lovely.

Warren is a lovely guy and the shack is lovely too. His wife is called Jane and her sister has a beauty salon on the lane that runs down to the beach from Casa Sea Shell and that is really good.

Would definately recommend it - take a torch though it's a bit dark walking from the road.

Hope this helps.
Might be worth having a look at this site http://www.indiamike.com :) look under minor destinations for goa & kerala. 8)
We did a trip a couple of years that might interest you. It' to interesting parts of Karnataka, the next state south of Goa We visited Coorg County, a beautiful coffee growing area, stayed in an eco lodge,orange county resort, visited Dubare elephant camp which was very hands on, far superier to any we have visited in Sri Lanka or Thailand then on to stay in Kabini River Lodge, part of Nagarhole Natinal Park. It's full of wldlife, hundreds of elephants and a chance to spot tigers too. It was absolutley fabulous. The trip also takes in Bangalore and Mysore. have a look at
http://www.karnatakatravel.com. We fixed it up through Eddie & Enid at Daytripper in Calangute You will find out more about them in other posts here We find them invaluable for our trips whilst based in Goa Happy travelling.
Thanks for everyone's kind replies. We have since been in contact with Warren (yes that is his name!) and all is confirmed for our first trip to Goa it seems!
The Karnataka trip sounds lovely and I've already looked into using Daytripper for a Hampi tour, so it look's like they'll be getting a lot of our business! Do you think we'll need to book up tours before we arrive in India? Not sure how this 'peak season' effects us having to book early.
We are staying in the Residency Hotel in Mumbai for the first few nights, has anyone got any feedback on this place?
good choice using eddie form daytripper! we did loads of trips with him earlier this year, inlcuding Hampi! definately do this trip! Also, to golden trianlge and tiger reserve, to karnatakar to do white water rafting and stayed in tents!

if you are staying a while you wont need to book your trips until you are in goa, but you can email eddie and he will pencil you in on dates you think you will want to go on your trips!

I loved mumbai, very interesting place!sorry dont know about your hotel though, but im sure it will be fine!

have a great trip!
Does anyone have a contact No for Tidal Waves guest house :?: :?:
Hi Lin,
Sorry for my delayed response. I have a phone number for Warren at Tidal Wave. It is 0832 227 6884.
Mel.
If any members need info on a holiday in Karnataka or around Bangalore, drop me a mail and i'll be gald to help.

IA
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.