Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi Fritz welcome to the other side :D

We are just back for Tenerife and as part of our hotel package we had unlimited free access to Siam Park and as it was such great fun we made good use of that.

There are 2 water parks as you mention, Aqualand and Siam Park. Siam Park is the newest and biggest of the 2 parks and IMO is hands down far superior to Aqualand due to the way it is set out and the rides available are fantastic with new ones being added for even greater thrills.

Your son is old enough that if he did wish he can go on most rides apart from the massive ones, perhaps you might want to build up his confidence a bit first so you could take him to the large wave pool. Here you will find a large pool set out as a beach and every 20 minutes the pool changes from calm to slight waves then to full grown giant waves, you can stand in the shallows or go right in and let him get used to it.

There is also a large children's and younger kids water play area called the Lost City, again this has slides/ flumes and things like large tipping water buckets which again would be good just to get him used to it.

The lazy river is obviously a nice way of breaking him in gently and lasts for a while, as you approach the end you will have the choice of going left or right, if you go right you go back to where you started and can either go round again or get off, choose the left and you get taken down some small rapids and down a glass tunnel underneath the shark tank.

The parks are busy at weekends so try to avoid going then, we had even noticed them getting busier during the week as the school holidays kicked in.
At the park as you enter you can buy a Fast Pass which lets you go up to the front of the queue for the larger and more popular rides, this costs an extra 15 euro pp and if only visiting the park for one day I would recommend it so you get the best out of your visit, the main queue can be up to an hour.

You can take drinks in to the park, however, all food will be taken off you as you can't take it in and your bags are searched as you enter.

Both Aqualand and Siam Park have an other sister attraction, with Siam Park you can buy a twin ticket for Loro Parque which would then cover your zoo visit and Loro Parque is a good day out for the family. If you buy the Twin tickets together at whatever attraction you visit first (Siam Park or Loro Parque) you will get a discount on the price, you can use the tickets on whatever separate days you want to visit the other park.

If going to Siam Park be there early and here is a quick tip, avoid the queues at the locker rooms at the bottom of the park where you can rent both lockers and / or towels and head straight up to locker room D next to the Dragon further up the park, you could end up queuing for 40 minutes just for a locker otherwise :yikes

If you haven't already looked at their website it is worth while with a lot of good info http://www.siampark.net/en/
Don't go to Aqualand - it's so very much inferior to Sian Park.

Sian Park has a water market, spacious grounds, slides and rides to suit all ages and it's design is wonderful for all ages.

Aqualand is very expensive for what it is - yes there are some good ride and slides there, but it's your bulk standard water park - and to be honest it looks old and tatty nowadays
Many thanks for the pointers guys it is very much appreciated.

You know I was wondering why the Siam Park/ Loro Parque deal was so much more expensive than the Aqualand/ Jungle Park equivalent. Not that its an issue particularly, it just seemed .....odd.

From what you say I guess you really do get what you pay for.

Fritz
I should also have mention that at Siam Park there are lots of rides that you use rings for and they have both single and doubles so that is good for the boy, he can go on rides with an adult to keep him company and reassure him if required.
Hi, I would definetly recommend Siam Park. It's a great day out for all ages. We went (I'm 50) with my daughter (14), husband and my in-laws. All of us had a great day there. I don't do slides but spent most of my time on the lazy river and the typhoon beach .
The food is an ok price and was enjoyable. Drinks we took with us.
It would be best to book both the Loro Park and Siam together as it's cheaper.
Thanks for the advice,

Last question. Is it better to buy the tickets online from the UK (from the park websites) or buy them locally?
Just buy them locally, you can either buy them when you arrive at the first park or there are many outlets sell them in resorts, your hotel may even sell them.

Personally I would just buy the 2 park discounted ticket when I arrive at the park.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.