Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Air China
5 Posts
garym1308,

There's some reviews over on Airline Quality. Skytrax has them as a 3 star airline. You'll find details of their onboard services on Air China's website. Are you flying on the CA938/7? They are operated by an Airbus A330-200.

Darren
Hi Darren

Thanks for the info. Not sure of flight numbers as yet because we are in the process of booking the holiday. What is the Airbus A330 like. I have only ever flown BA B747 (First and Club class - never economy) and First Choice 757's. Thinking of upgrading to Business because they don't do Premium Economy. I think the Air China website could be a bit clearer.

Many thanks - you are a star as usual

Gary
garym1308,

The A332 is a super airframe. I can't say what it's like inside as I've never flown with Air China, although it looks comparable to other airlines. At 34" seat pitch, their economy product is better than the likes of BA space wise.

Darren
I have flown to Beijing with them twice, they certainly aren't my favourite airline but I have flown with much worse. It was a 747 on both occasions, leg room wasn't too bad, food was adequate, service needed some tweaking. Lack of staff's language skills can cause some misunderstandings.. But no real problems. I think 3 stars is probably the correct rating.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.