Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Air Malta are fine.There is no inflight entertainment and the meals are ok.
If you are going to Malta,Malta Bargains flights are alot cheaper
http://www.maltabargains.com
I was going to ask about AirMalta as there is a party of 7 of us (4 adults, 3 kids) flying from Bristol to Malaga in July. Everything here sounds positive, which is very nice to hear!

Woo hoo!! :lol:

As this is booked onling through Excel, does anyone know who we would have to reconfirm our return flights with? Or is that information given on the tickets when they arrive?

Thanks.
The phone number was on the tickets for our flight - not that I ever got to talk to someone - only ever got an answerphone saying the offices were open between 10 and 6 or something (when I was calling within those times!) - so I just left a message with booking ref, flight times I had and a mobile number!!!

Unless you are travelling over the period of clock changes when times can go a bit wonky, there is very little liklihood of charter flight changes between the tickets being issued and travel date anyway (I always tell myself not to bother with the re-confirmation, but try it anyway just to stop myself worrying!!)
In today's Times of Malta in flight music and tv at last yippee http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/article.php?id=231886
Excellent! with GB Airways pulling out of the Manchester Malta route that makes Air Malta the best airline to travel with
Sliema2,

For the relatively short journey it is I was happy with the route map they screened showing whereabouts you are. However, I can understand that some folks do enjoy some alternative entertainment so yes it is to be welcomed. What I do like is the meal as part of the deal and the complimentary drink we were given both there and back last year. Are they still doing that? :hmmm

Trev
Hi Trev, yes they are still dishing up road kill as a meal :yuck but the free drink is most welcome :glynis , I agree that it's only a short flight but I just love listening to classical music at 35.000 feet I really hope they have a classical music station, they are also giving free newspaers again and The Times of Malta is my favourite read, can't wait until September to sample it, plus Mrs Sliema2 and I are Air Malta frequent flyers which makes the journey and airport experience even more enjoyable.

Caw for now
Sliema2
Thanks for that prompt reply Sliema2! How would I have guessed that you like classical music - I have to say that we always have and it does seem that more people listen to it now than ever.

Regarding the food on Air Malta, try the veggie option we've found it reasonable but certainly not gourmet Il Merril standard. :tup

Wouldn't know about the 'roadkill' dead animal alternative!!! :omg

Trev
I can confirm that there is now in flight entertainment on Air Malta! We flew from Malta to Manchester on Tuesday and were treated to the film I Robot with Will Smith.

They put the film on after breakfast was served and it finished just as we were approaching Manchester. A very welcome distraction!

No magazine yet, I hear there is a special issue magazine to be coming soon as well.

:D :D :D :D :D

Susan
Hi Susan, thanks for letting us know however I'm not a film fan very much but did you notice if they had any radio stations preferably classical ?, with regards to the magazine the Air Malta in-flight magazine KM is the best of it's type that I have ever read, please tell me that they are still producing it.

Regards
Sliema2
Well, I'm afraid there were no magazines in the usual pocket.
I have read that there is a new magazine to be produced for Air Malta. Perhaps it isn't quite ready yet?

I also am not sure about radio stations, I'm afraid, as they only gave out the headphones when the film came on. I didn't take a set as I had 3 children to look after :? There were 6 channels to choose from on the seat buttons, but I think they were only for the film so far.

Susan
Hi Susan, many thanks for your reply.

Regards
Sliema2
Hi Sliema2,

We're flying on Air Malta on Thursday so will give you an update on the entertainment on offer,

Trev
hi 8) we flew with air malta and the k.m magagine was in the seat pocket (came back 30 july) no inflight entertainment only the route map :) lorna
Grazzi hafna Trev, I look forward to your report mate, enjoy your holiday in magic Malta as if I need to prompt you though, just under 5 weeks for us and counting.

Caw for now
Sliema2
I think that the in-flight entertainment scheme was only rolled out from 1st August. My husband came back to the UK (Malta to Manchester) on 3rd August and was also treated to 'I, Robot' with Will Smith.

Perhaps they only have the one film as yet? :wink:

Best wishes

Susan
I flew out with Air Malta last month from Norwich. Just over three hours delay in departure, no in-flight entertainment (thankfully, seeing as it was now the middle of the night). Scheduled flight, so free drink (Kinnie) with the meal - which was quite good.
On the return, with a one hour delay, the free drinks had been limited to water or fruit juice. I wanted my last Kinnie of the holiday, but was not impressed with being asked to pay for it. There was a short Mr Bean episode shown, then hours of adverts on a loop.
Was good to fly from the local airport, but I'd probably investigate other carriers next time due to the delays and the random rules on in-flight refreshments.
Hello,

Is anybody flying with Air Malta or have already flown with them recently?

Just wondering what their in flight services are like, eg. meals, seating, etc.

One thing I do know is that I cannot pre-book seats together which means getting there to book in very early!!

Thanks in advance for any advice you have. :)
Hi!
We are going to fly with Air Malta this month to Romania and we have a 1 year baby, what we can take in the handbag for him? we can take milk or just formula milk and prepare after on bord?
Tk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.