Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Air Malta
54 Posts
yep, Air Malta is beter than British Jet were - so good news !
Air Malta is the best by far.
:bow
Maltable, :wave: have you booked flight only with b.j.?
British Jet are in fact a Maltese company and nothing to do with the UK. They have only one aircraft, an aging MD80. You are MUCH better off flying with Air Malta or British Airways.
maltable,

We've always been more than happy to fly by Air Malta :fly and have done so for many years. Used them last month and will be flying with them again next month. In flight meal + complimentary drink - none of those penny pinching extras that other airlines charge for! :tup

Reckon you're lucky to have had your flight changed to them. Let's know what you think after your trip?

Trev
just in case anyone isn't aware - all British Jet bookings are being switched to Air Malta - has decided to drop out of airline market and is using Air Malta for all its passengers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BritishJET
Thanks every1!!!!!Appreciate your replies .................... Maltable x :)
Thank god i checked here. I booked to fly british jet on June 22nd from Newcastle flight only and had not been informed about the change. Air Malta fly on the 24th from Newcastle so had to change the apartment booking and the time of work as well as the kennels for the dog.
Air Malta rocks! Every time - I book with their office in London and it's much cheaper. I'm flying out in November for 2.5 weeks for less than £100 return (inc. airport taxes).
as a matter of interest by "it's much cheaper" - do you mean compared to other airlines or to their own website, or on somewhere like expedia for the same flight ?
Just wanted to say we were to fly with British jet and had our flights changed to Air Malta. When we phoned to pay the balance on our flights we were asked to pay an extra £132 per flight each This would have meant we would pay nearly £800 for the three flights. There attitude was you pay the extra or get your deposit back. We ended up booking with Ryanair to fly from Luton which will involve a 600 mile round trip by car but will still be cheaper than flying with Air Malta.
wow ! is that legal ? perhaps because you only paid a deposit ??

I had no idea they were doing anything other than just simply transferring all bookings.

who did you phone - Airmalta or Britishjet ?
I had only paid £150 deposit so had the option to pay the extra for the flights or get my deposit back. The 3 flights would have cost me £795 if i had paid to fly from Newcastle against £346 from Luton with Ryanair. It was Britishjet that i phoned as it was them that i booked the flights with.
has this happened to anyone else ? - Maltable - how about you ?
I think that because BritishJet no longer operates it's own airplane they are taking the stance of their flights are cancelled. They now merely act as an agent for Air Malta similar to Chevron. I have also heard of people who have booked a flight with Air Malta but flew on BritishJet's leased plane :yikes
I think that because BritishJet no longer operates it's own airplane they are taking the stance of their flights are cancelled - good point - I wonder what would happen if you called up and cancelled a booking - would they give you your money back then ?

I have also heard of people who have booked a flight with Air Malta but flew on BritishJet's leased plane - well I guess its not Britishjets plane any more - have Air Malta taken over the lease on it ?
I guess Air Malta are just making good use of it until the lease runs out, Who would,nt.
I guess Air Malta are just making good use of it until the lease runs out, Who would,nt.

I've never flown on Britishjet so don't know how comparable they are, so I'm only talking theoretically, but a couple of reasons why might not be a good idea

1. if they don't have any aircraft of a similar type
- servicing problems
- airplane steps
however as long as used on the same route as before, should be OK

2. customers - is the aircraft up to Air Malta quality standard ? - in the case you mentioned, what did the passengers think ? would you have minded, given you had paid to fly with Air Malta ?
Hi Mark, I think I did read or hear some time back that the aircraft would be used till the lease ends in May or june, Wether it,s for Air Malta passengers or Malta bargainholidays passengers or both I don,t know, Surely the servicing would be down to the owners. I have looked on b/j,s website and they are still selling flights only as well as packages. maybe they use it but surely would not have stripped it,s B/J logos if so.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.