Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Successful claim re flight delays. Report says people could claim compensation dating back to 2005

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2013/01/31/42993/landmark+flight+delay+claim+could+open+the+floodgates.html

And the report is incorrect as passengers may only legally claim for 6 years from the date of the delayed flight (Limitation Act 1980 section 5).

Bear in mind that Small Claims Cases do not set any precedent case law and therefore each case will be judged on its own merits. The only precedent Mr Halsall's case may set is for the exact flight he took and no other.
Covered this on Watchdog again tonight. Specifically in regards to Thomas Cook and Monarch
Hi, I just registered,
Not sure if I'm at the right place but looking where to complain about Gatwick Airport services,
My partner's found her luggage open and almost emptied she was helped by 7 passengers in order to put her stuff back in the suitcase and it is also broken.
Would appreciate any help please
Thanks in advance
Hi and welcome to HT!

Did your partner request a Property Irregularity Form at the airport before leaving? This is required to back up a complaint.
luci HT Mod wrote:
Hi and welcome to HT!

Did your partner request a Property Irregularity Form at the airport before leaving? This is required to back up a complaint.

No, we didn't. We did complain at the airport but staff wasn't really helpful so we quit.
I'm afraid that the chances are that they won't consider her claim. You usually have to report any problems immediately and before you leave the airport. I had a case badly damaged on the way back from Cuba to Gatwick, though luckily it was still secure. I reported it at the desk in the baggage reclaim area, they gave me a from to fill in with my details and the flight no etc, noted details of the type of case etc and the damage on the form and asked to sign to say that all the information was accurate. I was called at home a few days later and given the details of the replacement case they were suggesting (the model of case that was damaged being no longer available) and which I accepted. A further few days later, the replacement case was delivered to my home in Scotland by courier and in fact of far higher quality than the original.

So within the week, the problem was sorted but I don't think that this would have happened if I had not reported it and completed the form at the time. Otherwise what proof would there have been about when the damage had occurred and the extent of it. Though I must admit that it is possible that both Virgin (the carrier) and the baggage handling staff at Gatwick would have been well aware of the awful reputation that baggage handlers at Havana have!

SM
Hi , Gjee , at Gatwick in the baggage reclaim area there is a desk where you can make a claim for damaged luggage , it is operated by Global Luggage Solutions who will take details of the flight and your personal details , each airline has its own ground handling agents such as Menzies or Swissport who the airlines contract to handle their customers luggage . Gatwick airport operates the baggage system that those companies use .

As no claim form has been done your only option is to contact the airline you flew on to see if they can resolve the problem they may get GBS to raise up a claim form .
As the last line in SMa post observes the damage could have happened anywhere along the journey home .
SMa wrote:
I'm afraid that the chances are that they won't consider her claim. You usually have to report any problems immediately and before you leave the airport. I had a case badly damaged on the way back from Cuba to Gatwick, though luckily it was still secure. I reported it at the desk in the baggage reclaim area, they gave me a from to fill in with my details and the flight no etc, noted details of the type of case etc and the damage on the form and asked to sign to say that all the information was accurate. I was called at home a few days later and given the details of the replacement case they were suggesting (the model of case that was damaged being no longer available) and which I accepted. A further few days later, the replacement case was delivered to my home in Scotland by courier and in fact of far higher quality than the original.

So within the week, the problem was sorted but I don't think that this would have happened if I had not reported it and completed the form at the time. Otherwise what proof would there have been about when the damage had occurred and the extent of it. Though I must admit that it is possible that both Virgin (the carrier) and the baggage handling staff at Gatwick would have been well aware of the awful reputation that baggage handlers at Havana have!

SM

Well, thanks for your helpful attitude. There's nothing left to do then.
Regards
Well as Andy66 has already said, you still have the option of taking this up with the airline and see what their response is. Or have we both misunderstood your original question and you are wanting to know who to complain to about the attitude of the staff rather than making a claim for a replacement case? If you are then, you will need to take this up with Global Luggage Solutions as it was presumably the staff at their desk that you spoke to at the time?

SM
Well, thanks for your helpful attitude. There's nothing left to do then.
Regards

:que With THAT type of attitude from YOU, you will be luck to get any help at all :no

On this forum we expect EVERYBODY to be courteous and polite at all times, you have been given several reasonable responses outlining the situation you are left in and the options available to you should you wish to try them.

I think the wording you were looking for was THANK YOU for your help and advice.

Graham
HT Moderator
I take that as you didn't get the answer you wanted you have spat your dummy out! People on here will always try to give you a reasonable expectation of the outcome of any problems - but they won't necessarily give the answer you want! Such is life!
Just to clear up a slight mistake in my post the company who deals with the problems is
Global Baggage Solutions , not luggage , later in the post I referred to them as GBS which is correct .

Luggage , baggage .... We all have some eh !!!! ;)

Just for future reference they deal with all airlines at LGW except BA who have their own desk and also now their own baggage handlers rather than using an agent .
andy66 wrote:
except BA who have their own desk and also now their own baggage handlers rather than using an agent .

Wrong !!! they have their own desk and use Swissport for handling !!

Is it still Sunday , it's been a long day :duh

Oh by the way Gjee , you could also try contacting your travel insurance provider .
I am still pursuing Thomson for delayed flights.

Can anyone tell my where I can confirm the delayed departure time for TOM060 on 19th December 2010?
Court decision announced today in the court of appeal about technichal delay's not being extraordinary circumstances under the regulations.
I received compensation for delays to my flight from 21st Dec 2010. 32 hour delay to Goa from Manchester.

Very pleased that I kept all the details including Thomson's piece of paper stating why the delay and to use this to claim on our personal insurance.

On return from the holiday I asked Thomson's for compensation but they refused outright.

I sent all the info again early March 2015 and within 2 weeks I have a cheque for the full 1200 Euro (2 of us) Equates to £879.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.