Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Yes there is, & I believe the fare is under 2 €
A taxi is 17 €
hi ....had similar question myself so thought would ask while topic active....

Im off pefkos in july on a package as wasnt a bad price.....am wanting go back in sept...if prices ect are OK will take a package....but if not will think about DIY.....thomascook seem to be offering the best prices but dont seem to be doing the hotel I like ....so might try sorting my hotel out while Im there in july ...and its one I would use a lot in the future....this means need DIY.

So would like some infomation about transfers and the prices from Rhodes airport to pefkos....one of my concerns is can I trust a taxi to pick us up at the agreed time...especially if the only flights I can get mean it would be night times..... and replacement transport would be hard to get...terrified of being too late for the check in...

Also in the future could be 3 or 4 of us....are the taxi's big enough to take all our cases...tweetie
.are the taxi's big enough to take all our cases...tweetie

yes they are usually Merc's
thanks wizard....think the way things going price wise we will need to be doing DIY....especially when I retire...so building up my courage and doing my homework now...I did a simple DIY to Salou...worked out great...and was really cheap....but it was to somewhere I'd gone for years.....my new favorite is Pefkos....so will be gleaning as much information as I can when I go in july....would be happier booking direct with the hotels than risk booking via the online suppliers...tweetie
thanks again wizard....have bookmarked that one...how long before your holiday do you need book it...tweetie
dont often book taxie's too lazy i just pile out of the airport into the que, the only time i can remember was on cyprus about 4 week's in advance { :offtop just had a reply from my hotel for October holiday, I only sent to them Easter Saturday i have a tendancy to do things as soon as i book the holiday]
thanks wizard....just joined the queue like you when did Salou...but was day time flights...and used the bus both ways....my colly-wobble comes when it comes to going home...especially if an early morning or a night flight. ...would be at a loss in rhodes if I missed my flight.... wouldnt have a clue what to do ...or where to start....tweetie
Have a look at Friends of Pefkos, has loads of info which you may find helpful
hi groovy chick...am already a member there...but value wizard advice too...as he is a long standing DIY expert...for all over Greece....tweetie
Hi Tweetie, I honestly wouldn't worry about pre-booking a taxi, they normally charge over the odds for the honour and as long as there are flights landing, there are always taxis waiting at the airport. As for your return just ask the hotel or your favourite bar to organise a taxi for you.

If you want the number of a reliable taxi driver then let me know. There's a taxi driver in Lindos that loves doing airport runs and will take a booking from or to the airport at no extra cost. If you'd like his name/number let me know and I'll send a PM.
hi marcuschapp....please pm me with number....am hoping for a package with a price I cant refuse...but if need to DIY that number will be handy to have...does he speak english....tweetie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.