Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Hi, I know Jandia is a good long way from the airport. It is right the way down the south coast. I really dont know about taxi but i would imagine it would be quite a bit. Debbie 1 on this forum will probably be able to tell you as she lives in Fuert, in Caleta, but Jandia is a lot further. We went for the day last year and we seemed to be on coach forever, but some gorgeous sights. Lots and lots of goats goats and more goats! Oh and the odd camel or too! good luck anyway 8) :sun 8)
Hi :D

You may be able to get a quote via this link....

http://www.1stcanaryislands.com/taxis/fuerteventura/

Philippa :D
Hi again, just seen a photo of taxi rank price list at airport, dated 5th Jan. It said Jandia was 89km from airport, and price was 72.85 euros. Dont know what time of year you are going 8) :D 8)
hello please can anyone tell me how expensive a taxi from the airport will be to club dunas correlajo? (45km) I've booked us a holiday that doesn't include transfers (my husband doesn't know yet)!! and am terrified it's going to cost hundreds, or worse that there will be no taxis at all!! any help at all will be received gratefully!!
don't worry, always plenty of taxis at the airport.......however i cant help you with the cost as we normally stay in caleta de fuste...taxi to here (aaprox 10 minutes) is normally around 7 euros....taxis are mercedes very swish.
There are plenty of taxis at the airport. They run on a meter here, but the average cost is about 30€ to Corralejo. 8)
thank you very much for your replies.....my mind has been put to rest!!!
could anyone tell me how much a taxi from the airport to corelleja :?:
Hi roughy ... I have merged your enquiry with this previous topic, which has the answer for you. If fares have changed much since 2004, hopefully someone will update it here.

David :wave
be prepared for a longish wait though at the airport,especially on changeover days ie Weds and sats,only taxis registered in Puerto Del Rosario are allowed to work the airport and from there they go all over the island.
Hiring a car can often be cheaper and more convenient alternative
We went in June 2005.

Taxi to the apartment near the Oasis Papagayo Hotel/Apts and the water park from the airport was nearly 40 Euro but the driver did get slightly lost as he did not know the resort. Took about 45 mins.

We booked in the town for the taxi to take us back and we were unsure if he would turn up. He did (thank goodness!) and it was 35 euro and took about half an hour.
hiya,
can anyone help ,could u recommend any transfers coach or taxi for a return journey for 2 adults ,to corralejo 27/09/06 return 4/10/06,would be very grateful :D :D :D :D :D
i'd find out if you can book transfers with the tour operator you're flights are with as one option. Alternatively you could jump into a taxi at the airport, quite a queue some days though. If you're thinking of exploring the island while you'r there you may wish to consider booking a car for the whole stay. really nice place to drive around, roads never too busy. we got a car last october for £110 for a megane with holiday autos
thanks for ur help :D
Please do not post in phone text style, eg u instead of you. This is not allowed as per T&Cs and future posts will be deleted.

luci HT Mod
Taxi to Corralejo was 30 Euros last time we went. It's about a 30 minute journey. As I remember all official rates were posted at the taxi rank and a "captain" told the driver where you were going and the price.
I've booked a DIY at the end of May for 3 weeks to the Atlantis Palace and want to book a taxi transfer so we don't have to queue up in the taxi queue which I understand can be quite long. I've got 3 quotes online - all for one way only 'cos we'll just order one from the hotel for our return journey:

1stcanaryislands.com - £36.95
resorthoppa.com - £41
holidaytaxis.com - £46

Obviously I would like to go for the cheapest one(!) but has anyone had any experiences with any of these companies that would sway my decision? Obviously I want them to be reliable 'cos we land at 19.35 and we'll have 2 kids with us.

Many thanks for any help - or for any other companies you'd recommend that I have not discovered!

SC
Looking for a return transfers from airport to Jandia.Cheapest i can find is £209 for 5 people with 1stcanaryislands.com from 5th-19th July.
Is it any cheaper to get a taxi at airport when you arrive there?
Any help with this would be great. :D
From what I've read, don't book the transfer in advance - get a taxi when you get there and agree a fare before you leave.

Maybe look into hiring a car for a few days?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.