Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Much easier getting a bus, Girona is about 30-40 Minutes away depending on traffic.

There is a bus that runs from morning till 12 at night, think it's about every half hour.

To take a taxi to girona from the airport would be fairly expensive, no need really when the buses are so frequent.
Hi,

Has anyone transferred from Girona airport to Cypsela campsite in Pals?
We've previously hired a car but I'm travelling alone with my kids this year and not quite confident enough to follow directions in the dark :yikes

Was wondering how much a taxi would be, or if there's a cheaper option. There'll be three of us.

Thanks.
we booked our transfers with resort hopper direct but never again. it turned out that they was ten off us and a baby in a push chair, we arived at girona airport at 6 45 pm got to the shuttle bus 7 10 pm and then was told that we would be the last ones off the bus we questioned this for our resort was only 30 minutes away in lloret we asked the rep could we not be dropped of frist oweing to the fact of a baby been in the party he said tough we would be the last drop off we then set off and passed lloret at 7 45 pm went all the way down the coast and got back to lloret at 9 10 pm result no food in our hotels tthey told it was to late so we had to go out for a meal at our cost when i emailed resorthopper they said you should have booked a private transfer so now i will never use this company again. dave
Dave same thing happened to my friend just last week. They booked transfers with Travel Republic and didn't realise until confirmation that it was Resort hoppa - she wasn't pleased as just a few weeks before they hadn't turned up for her return journey back to the airport from Benidorm (They had to get taxi)

On arriving at Gerona airport at 4.30 they boarded RH bus and waited for half an hour - then they set off to Llorett - arriving at their hotel at 7.30! 3 hours to get from the airport to Llorett :duh
I want to get to Calella from Girona airport is it best to prebook transfers or are taxi waiting outside. Also what is the distance.

Thanks
you can get a bus, but there are only a couple each day to calella.
have a look here and you will get some more info on this.
you can get a taxi from the rank outside and it should cost about 50 euros and take about 30 minutes.
you could also get a transfer from various companies like resorthoppa, but although they can be cheap they can also take quite a while to do the transfer. you pays your money............
8 of us want transfer barcelona airport to malgrat de mar by taxi -mini bus any advice
can anyone tell me how much it will cost in a taxi from girona airport to santa susanna and how long does it take thanks in advance. :cheers
porker
taxi is about 50 euros from the rank outside the airport.
they may charge you a few extra euros for luggage/extra people, but max should be 55 euros.
can anyone tell me how much a taxi would be from gerona airport to pineda de mar, found a good flight and hotel deal so wondering how much a taxi would be there will be 2 adults and 1 child. thanks al
it will be around 55 euros from the rank at the airport.agree a price before you get in,as there is always 1 driver who forgets to start the meter, and that way you get no problems.
hi,
have booked with girotransfers for transfers from girona in september have e mailed them but everthing seems to have gone quiet does anyone know if there is a problem.
I know this has probably been discussed before but cannot find anything re Calella De Palafrugell.
We go in July, been many times before but always went by coach. We are flying this year into Gerona. I have been looking at taxis to book online the cheapest is £67.28 one way to Calella De Palafrugell. Is this the normal price or would we be better just getting a taxi at the rank in the airport? We arrive on a Monday. We have been going to this lovely resort for over 20 years and cannot wait for the next couple of weeks to go by so we can be up, up and away ! Not that I like flying, that is why we have always gone by coach but getting too old for that now !! :sun2
I'm going on Saturday and we intend to grab a taxi at the airport rank.. reliably informed this will be about 55 euros (to L'Estartit).

I would say it's about the same to Calella.
Yes I would think it would be much the same that sounds a better deal. Will probably just wait and do that. It was just the idea of having the taxi waiting if I booked online, but I suppose there will be plenty of taxi's at the airport. Thanks. :cheers
hi everyone,
just heard from girotransfers it was a problem at their end with the computer things have now been sorted.
for more info on taxis have a look here.

these prices may be a fraction on the low side, as the meter usually shows around €45 when i go to lloret.
Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced car hire company? We fly into Gerona Airport.

We are staying in Estartit and when we looked at the price of transfers they wanted 140 euros return for a family of 4....gasp. Looking on the internet we can hire a car for around 120 euros.

Don't mind driving abroad so its not a problem its just that we don't land until 22.35 and worried that we may have a problem with extra costs if the car hire company is not 24. they charge for a full tank of petrol, how much is that?

Any advice tips would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.