Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
i have been to calella and pineda 10 times in the last 5years, travelling in july and january. as far as reliability goes i would plump for shuttledirect. most internet prices at the moment are in some cases slightly over £100 for a return in a private transfer. shuttledirect sometimes send a private car or people carrier for you regardless of whether or not you book the private transfer or opt for the shuttlebus (its worth a shot!). the price for a return shuttle bus with them is £45 return for 2 adults and a brat. as i say i have always found them reliable unlike resorthoppa, (there's not a barge pole big enough in my opinion)
transferstore.com is another i have used (reliable enough but prices tend to fluctuate a bit) im a bit sceptical about the taxi prices and would certainly ask for an estimate before you jump in the car.
forgot to mention in previous message post that i'm talking about transfers from girona airport to callela and pineda. :whoops
try perla tours tranfers they have a contact adress in uk or look them up on web, £32 return for 2 in june
We are going to Malgrat on 22nd August :)

Could anyone please let me know what train to get from Barcelona airport to Malgrat. We travelled there by coach for years, then drove ourselves there for the last two years. Don't really like flying but it's better for my aches and pains!!

We have flown there once (about four years ago), but can't remember what train we got from Barcelona airport. I remember it stops outside the Sorra D'Or hotel down the old part of Malgrat, then we walked back to The Maripins.

Does anyone know roughly what it will cost? (2 adults, 2 children 13 and 16).

Alternatively, does anyone know what a taxi would cost from Barcelona airport to Malgrat please?

We went back to the airport in a taxi last time we flew, it was so much more convenient than the train, but can't remember the cost.

Can't wait to go now ... counting the days! :sun2
hi looking for a company which will do a folding elecric chair transfer,anyone help ,cheers maxie :smokin
Hi maxie ... http://www.shuttledirect.com can accommodate wheelchairs, electric scooters, etc but I believe they may form part of your luggage allowance. If you visit the Help section of their site and enter 'Disabled' in the Search box, the relevant info should come up.

David :wave
Hi,

Does anybody have an e-mail address or website for Girotransfers ?

Thanks

John
Cancel that........

Found 'em - Girotransfer :duh......no 's'

John.
hi, i have just booked a tranfer one way Lloret to girona £17-26 for 2 people. resorthoppa. i thought that was ok
Oh well, it's a shame I didn't get an answer to my question about transport from Barcelona to Malgrat :(

We are leaving home tomorrow to go to a hotel near Luton airport where we will stay tomorrow night and leave the car for the duration of our holiday. We'll fly from Luton 7.00 am on Friday.

We will have to decide when we get to Barcelona airport whether to travel to Malgrat by train or taxi.

I will post on here what we decided to do for people's future reference.

Can't wait to get there now ... Maripins Hotel here we come!! :sun2
Ive used Giro taxi's twice, once from girona, and he got me a contact in benidorm. Both times they were spot on picking us up and taking us back to the airport. I have always found their prices competative, and infact have just got a quote for October for a family of 4. Will definitely use them again. No quams with them at all.

You can confirm via email with them and pay once you get to your hotel, and the same coming back, pay the driver when you get to the airport for your return journey.

They always gave me a mobile phone number to contact just incase there was a problem, but have not had to use it.

Would definitely recommend them.

;)
hi,

i have just booked a week in playa de aro in september (18th) staying at the celesta palace hotel.

i do not have any transfers from girona airport to playa de aro as my travel agency have let me down..
can anyone recommend the cheapest way to get there for 2 people?

thanks
I guess a taxi will cost you around 40Euro each way.

Have you considered hiring a car ?

You will be paying around £85 for a small car for the week - not much more than a taxi and you've got the car to use for the whole week.

John
thanks john,
already booked a minibus with alpha rooms , cost me £12 each way pp
didnt think of getting a car which is quite a good idea.

would you know of any sites that run day trips/excursions from costa brava to barcelona city ?

thanks
Arrived home on Sunday night after a brilliant holiday at The Maripins in Malgrat :sun2

With regards to the taxi/train from Barcelona airport to Malgrat, a taxi would have cost us 125 euros (about £100) which we could not justify paying, so went by train instead, costing us a total of 12.80 euros (about a tenner for the four of us!).

The train journey took us about 2 hours which was a bit of a drag, next time we will look into flying to Gerona airport instead of Barcelona because it's closer so will be quicker to get to the hotel.

Now that I've got over my fear of flying, we're looking for a cheapy somewhere hot in October :tup
I booked private transfers with Shuutle Direct also I've travelled on the local coach outside to lloret de mar very cheap and simple.Next time though I'm hiring a 7 seater car.Then I can travel around.Won't bother me this way as I travelled upteen times from uk down to Spain.
i have been to costa brava a number of times, and by far the best transfer company in spain is
girotransfer

all the drivers are curtious,and very helpful,and also they are the cheapest transfers in spain

talk to a guy called darryl,you can ask him for a quote at girotransfer@yahoo.com
and dont forget to say mick put me in contact with you, i could get some discount next time i book ha ha :)
Hi just got a quote from Girotransfer from Gerona to Castell Montgri. Anyone any feedback on the company?

Thanks a million
Hi

We are flying to Gerona and going to the Taurus Park Resort in Pineda. Does anyone know if you can pick up a Taxi at the airport. There are 5 of us 2 adults 3 children so would need a large taxi. Also how much do they charge.
Or is there antwhere we can prebook a taxi to meet us there.

Thanks in advance
Ali
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.