Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Thanks for response will have a look, and yes my kids wouldn't like the idea of a bus LOL
Hi,

I am flying to Barcelona on Friday and was wondering how much would a taxi be for 4 people to the Holday Inn Barcelona City?

Thank you for any help.

Sue
Hi ,
I have just booked with Siesta 10 nights in june , Aqua Bella Player hotel in malgret. Easyjet from Newcastle to Barcelona. I would also like to know which would be the best way to travel to Malgret from Barcelona. Haven't done this before so any help would be appreciated. Arriving Barcelona 13.25. Returning flight 14.00.
Regards Marilyn
From an earlier post.....

With regards to the taxi/train from Barcelona airport to Malgrat, a taxi would have cost us 125 euros (about £100) which we could not justify paying, so went by train instead, costing us a total of 12.80 euros (about a tenner for the four of us!).

The train journey took us about 2 hours which was a bit of a drag, next time we will look into flying to Gerona airport instead of Barcelona because it's closer so will be quicker to get to the hotel.

HTH

John
i cant believe some of the prices i have herd for transfers this is my first time going to castell montgri so booked my transfers through thomson which cost me £250 would you sy this sounds about right :)
Xannegeex

Where are you flying in to and how many of you are there ?

John
we fly i :) nto girona 3 adults 3 children going to castell montgri
Returned yesterday from Tossa de Mar. Flew to Gerona airport and booked a return taxi with http://www.reciocars.com/ I have to say that I was extremely impressed with their service. A lovely smart young man dressed in a suit with shirt and tie was waiting for us on our arrival. He took our suitcases to a lovely and clean Mercedes. The interior had a nice lemony smell.

On our return the driver again was on time and was, infact giving the car an extra polish as we came out of the hotel. Once again the driver was really smart in his suit.

The fare was €59 each way and only took 30 mins. I would definitely use this company again.
GLYNIS,
i would have thought that a taxi from the rank at gerona would have been cheaper.
unless there were a lot of you then i would not expect a taxi(for 4 or 5 people) to come to more than €50.
i regularly get a taxi to lloret and the cost is around €45 plus tip, and cannot see it would be that much more to tossa.
sorry, but i dont think a man in a suit is worth the extra!
Hi Jim. We haven't been before so had no idea what the fare would be. A friend picked one up at the airport and paid €55 so we didn't feel cheated. But we were impressed with the cleanliness and promptness of the service (apart from the handsome blokes in their suits ;) )
Hi
Has anybody used the taxi firm transfercostabrava, got a quote from them through the internet. They are charging 55 euro each way to Calella from the airport. They dont want paying now but when they pick us up. If anybody has used them what I would like to know are they reliable, have used resorthoppa in the past but they are quoting 50 more.

thanks
€55 each way is roughly the price you would expect to pay for a taxi from the rank from gerona to calella.
how many are in your party. are you going from barcelona or gerona.are you going to the main resort of calella or to Callela de Parafrugell as the latter will be much more expensive.
have a look here for more information.
Hi
Im going from gerona to main resort at calella. (first time Ive been to this resort).

Michelle
hi after a taxi or bus for 5 people gerona to playa de aro anyone help many thanks
can anyone tell me what the minishuttle express service is like going from girona to calella thanks in advance
there is a party of 32 people visiting malgat in september they need transfers from barcelona to malgrat can anyone help please
jan
try shuttledirect or resorthoppa.
you should be able with that number of people to get a coach just for the whole party, so you should ot have to go round the houses
Fred,

Unlikely anyone has here - you are in the Costa Brava forum - not the Costa Blanca ;) .......

I'm sure one of the mods will be along shortly and 'move you over'.

John.
Thanks John. Have moved Fred's post over to the relevant thread over in the Costa Blanca forum and sent him a pm with the link.

Thanks again :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.