Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi breezer1
We have just come back this week from staying at the Alagoa - it does have a bar. If you decide to go here I advise that you check which of the rooms you are going to be staying in.

Our room was in the older part of the hotel, it was very basic and was filthy dirty on our arrival - we had to ask them to clean it again particularly the shower.

Be warned the older rooms are not those shown on their website, they have no air conditioning, no fridge, no open balcony, no surfaces to put anything on and don't even have any drawers to put your clothes in!! The room was more like a prison cell than a guest room, it had padlocks on the door and the only lights were a florescent strip light and a bare bulb, nothing subdued or romantic!

After trying to upgrade to one of the much nicer newer rooms, which we were willing to pay for, we finally left by taxi after two nights and went to another basic hotel in Agonda called The Dersy. We only returned on the evening of our flight in time to catch the coach back to the airport.

The surrounding countryside at Betalbatim was beautiful and the beach was long with golden sand and good beach shacks. Agonda beach was prettier but very quiet. Palolem beach which is next one south from Agonda was much busier with markets and a buzzing nightlife.

My advice would be to use the Alagoa as a base when you first arrive and then go and explore the rest of south Goa!

Jules
  • Edited by ju_st 2009-02-07 18:20:21
hi Jules
Would you be able to give it its first review for us please? We have it here :)
hi,we are arriving in goa early march has any one visited the alagoa resort,we have been to north goa but not the south.any info on the alagoa would be most appreciated ,thanks
hi bri
I've merged your post to an earlier thread which does some information. Welcome to the forum( sorry its so late but not been around for a while)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.