Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Thanks for all your replies, Benalmadena must have been very empty this summer.
To answer my query. The Albatros is not open until first week of Sept..Bumped into Alan and Jim while out walking whilst there.
Where is the Albatros, Pipefitter? I've been frequenting the area since 1988, mainly Bonanza Square and now billetted in Torreblanca, but not come across it.
And, yes, it was very quiet on each occasion I ventured down this year, winter (which you expect) and summer (alarmingly). On a happier note it was good to see a young couple from the north of England making a go of the old Rockin Robin Bar in the Square, formely owned by an old mate of mine but passed from owner to owner since he sold up a few years back. Now called The Local, in the corner of Bonanza Square at the top of the steps, on the Jupiter-Minerva side, its worth a visit if anyone is passing
  • Edited by jimg 2012-08-21 12:10:09
Am surprised you dont know where it is seeing that you have been coming since 88. Its not far from Bonanza/ibenza squares its on Ave Telefonica aka cardiac hill just opposite Hotel Bali
Can't place it at all, Pipefitter... will have a saunter (downhill) when I'm back out next month. Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.