Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
post subject
62 Posts
Hi TC

Despite still waiting for a reply from First Choice regarding our booking for 2007(Thanks for all the advice everyone- haven't done anything else yet as I've been a bit short on time) my feelings are pretty much like yours.

I've looked all over for a holiday that will match in price to what we are paying at the beach club, with no joy. Admittedly the really good deals are long gone, but nevertheless even if we do end up paying for the odd meal or drinks with Bulgarian prices being low (I believe?!) it is probably still good value for money.

I think at the moment it is the principle of the thing that is annoying me, the fact that a package is being sold and not delivered. There is hope that with enough complaints things may change for next year. I'm not going to jump ship too soon, I think it is a bit early for that and at the end of the day what are our alternatives if we don't want to up our budget? I shall keep watching and waiting!!

Pam
hi people,
my girlfriend and i have just return form a great holiday staying in the beach club hotels.so any question i'll try and answer....but have no worries for us it was great.
cheers talk soon,
ps i'll be posting a full report 2mrw.
Thanks harve! Glad to hear you had a good holiday.
did u also go into the Gergana - which i believe is next door? what did u think of that as i am off there in a few weeks!
Hi claire
please don't use text style eg u for you. We have this as one of our posting rules after requests from members who use screen readers. I'm sure you understand :D
Glad you had a good time Harve!! I'll look forward to reading your report.

Pam
We were more than happy with breakfast at the hotel,most mornings :wink: we were up early and the food was good;german sausages,eggs-boiled and scrambled,pancakes cooked in front of you,cereal,fruit,breads etc.....everything seemed good.
As my girlfriend and i like to eat out and enjoy different places on holidays we ate out for at least half our stay,the food at the hotel seemed ok to us,with a good choice,do remember its not easy to cook for so many nationalities......My advise is to eat out a few days;its cheap enough to do that,TRY Caribis beside the hotel,great food,really great,one night we had 2 gerlic steaks with homemade chips and salad,a few drinks and it cost around 20 euros,you'll find cheaper but the food staff and position of this bar is the best you'll find try it bring the kids too,they love them,always smiling faces,sky spots too....do say hello Zak and Simeon from me.(oh and don't tell anyone but you'll get a late drink there too,just be nice to Johnny.. :wink: )
Entertainment at the hotel during the day at the pool between the beach club hotels and the gergana hotel there seemed to be enough to keep most kids and adults happy(be up early for a free sunbed though),friendly staff too....and on the beach there was always loads of room but at a small charge.....but there was also alot of free sand around too.
Entertainment at night we've been told is not the best but we went out and found some great entertainment walking and having a few beers,people watching and chating must nights and again its cheap enough to do it.
We also went to Varna to do a bit of shopping and wine tasting,it was a good day and we enjoyed it.
Another night we went to a Bulgaria fiesta night.Again we couldn't fault it and enjoyed it.
As far as i can see Albena is a great resort and the beach club(M) hotel is a good hotel,if you're a couple or a family it should suit you.....cheers.
any qeustions just shout.
Welcome back Harve, Glad all went well and that you found time to see Zak and the crew. Tonyt
For those like us who are still watching and waiting for new reviews, there are two brand new ones on Tripadvisor.com.

Really encouraging, as they are very good!! It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes :?

Pam
Cheers Pam,
I'm just going to have a quick look before bed.When are you going to Albena?
T.C.
Hi TC

We don't go until August next year, but we've been booked since April. How about you?

Pam
if ye have read my report we were either very lucky or there's nothing to worry about,the rooms and beds where clean we were on the 4th floor in the M side of things.i am thinking about booking again for next year.don't worry people.it was great just bring money to eat out every second or third night.
Thanks Harve- feeling more reassured all the time!! We wanted a cheapish holiday year in 2007 as we've pushed the boat out a bit this year on holidays,hence the reason for wanting to really use the all inclusive, so we can save spare cash for trips to see Bulgaria a bit.

If I go abroad I like to see a bit of the country and not spend all the time in the hotel. That's not say we won't try eating out, but I would like it to be because we have chosen to and not because the hotel food was so diabolical that we've had no choice. Thankfully, with your report and others seeming pretty positive, we should be in for a good holiday.

Thanks again

Pam :D
Hi... We are going the the beach club on 17th Aug 06, there are 11 of us going (varying ages and needs) so this is going to be interesting!
I will report back if things are as bad as it sounds.

Must say I am worried about the recent reports (when I booked most the reviews were good).
At the end of the day we will just have to make do and enjoy our holiday, and complain to 1st choice when we get back if we think it is
mis represented in the brouchure.
Fingers crossed! ....
we have booked for this hotel for Aug 07 in may - according to the details it had a kids club etc and we were looking forward to it, however, in Golden Sands this year we were told that there wasn't going to be a kids club there next year! As soon as we got home I rang Eclipse and they confirmed that although they advertised a kids club when we booked there was not going to be one and advised me to call first choice directly. i called and they would not confirm either way and said that they had to contact the resort even though i informed her that in the website they is no longer any mention of a kids club so I am awaiting a phone call!
i have been looking around and i can not find a hotel with a kids club (apart from Royal Park and Kristal - which we have already been to!) for that price range anywhere any country.
We're going to the Albena beach club 9th July 07 .As I've mentioned before I've been looking for other accomodation and still haven't found anything that compares to the prices of the Albena beach club :!: :!:
We're right on the beach with one room park view and one room sea view,can't ask for much more than that as I love the beach.We've all had a talk and decided to stay put but save some extra money to go out in the evenings if there isn't anything we fancy to eat at the hotel.
Pam have you decided what you are doing yet :?: Have you young children? When my daughter was small I couldn't get her to the kids clubs.Think she thought she was going to miss something.
Things will work out
T.C.
Hancock444, If you can be a little patient until mid Sept, I will try and bring you back a reply from the Main First Choice rep (Maya) in Albena. who I have know for a few years, I will ask her when I am nearby shortly. Tonyt
cheers Tonyt. we were told by our rep in golden sands about what was happening but anything you can tell us later would be most appreciated
Hi TC

Sorry for the slow reply. We were struck by lightning at home so no PC!! Have to rely on using the one at work. At the moment we are sticking with the beach club and really at the moment see no reason to change. Our girls will be 8 and 11 and weren't really interested in the kids clubs, so not having one wouldn't sway us either way.

I haven't had a chance to look for more new reviews, but they do seem to be getting better as the season goes on and as you say the location alone looks worth the money. It would seem a bet worth taking in my view.

Pam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.