Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Albena
65 Posts
Hi, you will have no problems, they also do a good range of perfumery and alcohol on board. Tonyt
I have put 24 photo's under the Albena heading, showing the menu and prices of many places also some photo's of some of the food. Tonyt
Anyone been to this resort and would you recommend it for a family with 4 kids.
Hi Waterford2005.

The nicest of the larger resorts, in my opinion (but I don't have 4 children) it depends what you & the children expect & want from a holiday - Albena is not as big & brash as Sunny Beach or Golden Sands, it's much more oriented towards a quiter, more relaxed holiday.

Have you looked at the 'virtual tour'?

Baldur
I have been 3 times and think it's fab. I have been to sunny beach and golden sands and didn't particulary like them but I know people who did, it's personal choice.
sorry Waterford- I missed this one. Have you read our Albena resort reports?
We love Albena - my daughter was 8 the first time she went there; loads to do for all ages, and not as busy as SB & GS
Hi all

i'm going on holiday with my parents at the beginning of august to Albena we're staying at the hotel gergana (if that's how you spell it) was wondering if any1 could give me any information and tips on where to go & what to see there & what this hotel is like! we're a family that enjoys watersports & abit of activity, but also enjoys spending time relaxing!

Elizah :D
Hi Elizah,

See our hotel reviews HERE for the Gergana, you may also find the Albena virtual tour useful.

Baldur
Hi Elizah,

We are going out just before you on 29th July.
If I get chance I'll have a nosy at the hotel and post from resort.

Cheers

John
Hi All, question here, Baldur and Tonyt I hope will be able to help. Am booked for the Gergana Beach in August (not staying with friend as her daughter is due to give birth on 25th July so she will want chill out time - interesting aside grandma to be has to pay 60 levs for the privilege of being in theatre, apparently this puts Bulgarian men off which the staff wish to do as they make too much fuss - sorry to any Bulgarian men reading this).

Can I just check that this hotel is the Gergana on the virtual tour, it looks in the same place but am feeling particularly dim at present - excuse is we had Ofsted at school last week and we are all still recovering. Just wanted to check in case friend turns up at wrong hotel.

Thanks

Nels.
Hi Nels,

Presumably, the owners/tour operators feel that tacking the word 'Beach' onto hotel names makes them sound more alluring - the virtual tour is part of the 'official' Albena website, which only shows the Gergana (the Southernmost hotel in the resort) no 'Gergana Beach'. Similarly, the BG Maps search facility only brings up the Gergana. It may, of course, be part of the rebranding process which has turned the nearby Mura & Slavuna hotels into the 'Albena Playa/Albena Beach Club'.

The 60 Leva charge is interesting - one wonders if it's part of the 'paternal deterrent' process or an administrative attempt to help to balance the books, as the financial state of most Bulgarian hospitals appears to be fairly dire, according to local press reports.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur. We assumed that it was probably a bit of both regarding the 60 levs charge. The hotel looks the same in the brochure as the one on the virtual tour, as you say it is probably part of the 'alluring' that tour companies like to do. From talking to friends the hospitals have always been a bit 'grim' but treatment fine, actually not sure if the hospital being used is 'private' forgot to ask but I know they have found a lovely female obstetrician but are paying quite heavily for the privilege.

Not intending to spend a huge amount of time at the hotel, it has children in it... sorry folks but as a teacher I like peace and quiet for a while, lets hope it is clean and breakfast is good.

Thanks again.

Nels
Thanks both, have looked @ the reviews & all sounds good! Just over 2 wks to go now - can't wait! :D! That would be gr8 if u could John, Have a good holiday & let me know what u think!

Thanks again x
Hi Lynn please don't abbreviate words as in phone text style on the forums as some members find it difficult to read.

does anyone know where i can find a map of Albena? i am looking for one which shows the Gergana hotel and the Languna Garden hotel. thanks.
Hi claireg,

Interactive map HERE, 3D tour HERE.

Baldur
thanks. i cannot see from this map though exactly where the hotels are?
claireq. under the visual tour of Albena there is a map with red dots on. Looking at this map, this first dot on left is Gergana Hotel , the 7th dot from left is the Laguna complex. Hope this helps. Tonyt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.