Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi chrisrhy ... while you wait for some feedback here, you may like to repeat your enquiry in the Alexander the Great Hotel topic in our Cyprus forum in the hope of reaching a wider audience.

David :wave
hi chrisrye,I also use a scooter and I also cannot climb into a bath so if your husband is the same the Alexander do not have disabled rooms with a shower only.I stayed there when I was walking but I cant remember about steps around pool or at the entrance which is normal for abled bodied people.I fancied staying there again and emailed them to ask about disabled rooms and they said they didnt have any.I do know the rui resort hotels which are a bit further along from the alexander have disabled rooms and are disabled friendly all around the hotel. I hope this is helpful.
Just returned from paphos and the avanti beach resort has fab apartments but not a wheel in shower. There's a bath with an open drain which I used but obviously there was water everywhere
close to a bus route that with adapted buses that accepts manual chairs
its doable if you cover your cushion with a plastic sacks and buy a mop.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.