Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Just booked for the Holiday Village Aliathon for 2 weeks in August 2008, departing Stansted on the 13th. Me & the Mrs and our twin 8 year old girls. Reads up really good on the web site and we got a free child place which is rare ! Anyone else dared to book yet ???
yes, we have been brave and just booked 2 weeks in the summer holidays, going 23 july,2008 we also got a free child place,

i dont think the price was too bad as we have a booked a superior 1 bed apartment, with day flights from manchester.
i've just priced the aliathon for 2 adults and 2 kids, 1 is 13, for the first 2 weeks in july from manchester and is coming out at over 3200.00 !!!!! think that is a bit expensive, and that is with a free child
ouch !

I got 2 weeks (departing 13th of Aug from Stansted) for 2 adults & 2 kids for £2700, that was online with Eclipsedirect. I priced up the first 2 weeks of July for 2 adults, 2 kids and it came out at £2845 (departing 2nd July from Manchester) or £2691 (Departing 29 Jun or 6 Jul from Manchester). Best go on Eclipsedirect.co.uk as its cheaper than First Choice
i got my price from eclipse, then went into the first choice shop and they matched the price for me,

mine is £2700 for superior apartment, flight meals, and fantastic flight times ( thats if they dont change)

i could have got it for £2300 in a normal apartment. we go 23 july
We have booked to go 13th Aug next year - 2 adults and 2 kids - our oldest is 13 so the price is a lot higher because of that - they are classed as adults on a lot of all inclusives at 13. We were considering the HV in Mexico but it was much more expensive so it came down to a choice between Cyprus or Egypt both of which were very similar in price. Heres hoping it was the right choice.... We still think its better value for money than self catering even though we are paying more for the oldest child and after being to several of the other HV feel sure that we will be happy with it.
the child price in the holiday brochure says child age 13, so double check your prices GILLG.

our friends are coming with us and there daughter will be 13 and she is going as a free child.
No free child places showing for flights from Newcastle on 13th Aug - just an on line discount (Eclipse and First Choice). Takes the age as a child then processes the application and at the end posts up a disclaimer saying the oldest child (13) will be treated as an adult in terms of pricing. Would be interested to know how your friend managed to get her 13 year old classed as a child as obviously I don't want to be ripped off. Does she just have the one child travelling? (not that it should matter though). Advise appreciated. Our friends are travelling at the same time with their 2 kids and their price is coming out a lot cheaper as both their kids are under 13 (still no free child places for that time frame though).
Just out of curiosity I changed my departing airport to Manchester for the same dates (13th Aug) and the price came out at £3038 so it looks like flights from Newcastle attract a higher price for some obscure reason. Its even more to fly from Newcastle on 23rd July - £3705!!!!!!!! No free child places are coming up for any dates at the moment with departures from Newcastle so its cheaper to travel to Manchester and fly from there which is really annoying. Changed the childs age to 12 as well and the price didnt change so it looks as if its definitely the departure airport which is the problem.
hi,

we went into together and my friend is paying the same as me, and my daughter will be 12 when we go.......

the child age is calculated on the age of the child when you travel home...

my friend definalty has got a free child price, we fly from birmingham on the 23 july, but a free child place was available on the manchester flight on the 23, but the flight supplement was another £20 on the total cost.......

i got my prices from eclipse then went into the first choice shop and they matched it for both our families......

hope this helps.......the brochure also states, child age 13........
Thanks for that - seems its definitely the departing airport that's putting the price up - crazy - don't know how they can justify such a difference in price when Manchester is only about 2 hours away!!!
i've just priced it with eclipse direct, 2 adults 2 kids, one is 1 is 14 then, 1st july from glasgow and it is 3901 !!!!! i think the prices will come down though as there are no discounts showing yet on that website, so maybe it is better to wait until say july or august to book. I really fancy going there but not at that price, we have just come back from a week all inclusive in cyprus at easter and only paid just over 1000.00.
Thanks for the info on child ages - I've just put in the same details but changed the child age to 14 and 2 weeks from Newcastle departing 13.8.08 comes out at a staggering £4045!!!! Thats £645 more than the price for a 13 year old. Newcastle seems to be the airport to avoid then in terms of price. Think that must be the highest yet - there seems to be no logic whatsoever in the pricing structure and you just have to take your chances...
I always find the same thing with Stansted airport. We could book the same 2 weeks & go from Gatwick and it would be about £200 cheaper bbut I only live 35 mins from Stanstead and 2 hours + (depending on traffic) from Gatwick, it must cost less to fly from larger airports.
Just booked this hotel for next year fly from Manchester 20th July. You can view the hotel on the aliathon website as it is now appears to still be taking bookings for this year just First Choice to take over next year some great photos but obviously it is all self catering at the moment. With regard to leaving booking of this hotel to later please note there are only 127 rooms in the whole holiday village not the usual 500, I wouldnt leave it too late.
caits06,

we got our price from eclipse and it had a free child place and £257 off the price, try checking the other airports to see if they have discounts with eclipse....

x
just been nosing on Eclipse web site, if I was booking today, for the same 2 weeks & departure airport I already booked for the price came up with no free child place :shock: . Well glad I booked last week :lol:
As Scoobydoo said, dont leave it too late to book !
I am wanting to book 2 weeks from 13th August 2008 which will cost £2628.18 for 2 adults & 2 children but was wondering how much spending money to take if we eat out at breakfast and in the evenings with quite a few drinks thrown in for good measure?

Has anyone been to Paphos and can recommend good restaurants?
Would like to try some of the one in the village although they probably wil not be cheap.

Any help would be appreciated as this will help me decide wether to book or not!
are you intending going All Inclusive or Self Catering Elaine ??
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.