Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi :wave:

We have booked HV Aliathon for Oct 2009, really looking forward to it as all the previous comments have been getting better and better. Is anyone just back? Anyone still there? :que

Lynda
Hello! We've booked the Aliathon from 2nd June for 8 nights - can't wait :cheers and will be going back for two weeks in Sept/Oct :)
Really can't wait to go. :sun2 Now that Xmas & New Year are over, our holiday is starting to seem real. ;)

Hopefully the HV will just get better and better.
Booked yesterday for this place, last minute booking, and a great price....£213 each.

Most reviews I have read have been good, especially the fishing village part - have emailed the hotel direct, asking for us to be put there, we have booked a 2 bed delux apartment, and some things I have read say these are usually in the old part...is that correct?

We are off in 4 weeks time, April 15th, for a week S/C....and although we know it is costing more due to the euro being rubbish, we like going out for meals, and finding different places to eat, so didn't want A/I

Would appreciate any comments about this Hotel, whats on offer close by, the weather, and Paphos in general...

Can't wait to go now!
Hi Lizzie

We're off to the Aliathon in August and we can't wait. Have you read the earlier thread, there seem to have been some teething problems early on but it seems to be getting better and better. There are a lot of good photos on Trip Advisor too. We'd also be interested to hear from anyone who's been there recently
I heard back from the hotel and all two bedroomed apartments are located on both the fishing village and aegean sides of the complex... they are considering my request to be allocated the fishing village side.

So thats good news.

This link may help some people:

http://www.aliathonvillage.com
Hi, we travel to the Aliathon on 14th October this year. Does anyone know the best email address to contact the hotel on as I have a few questions i'd like to ask before we go. :sun2

Here are their 2 email addresses. I'd probably contact the info one.

info@aliathonvillage.com
reservations@aliathonvillage.com
Going to the Aliathon in October as i'm getting married there ,the reviews sound really good and just cant wait to get there
We are travelling to the HV Aliathon on 14th October for 2 weeks :)

We have booked a Superior one bedroom apartment, which the hotel have advised me are all in the Aegean Village area. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms? Is it worth my while asking to be upgraded to a deluxe? :que
Hi,

Booked up for 11 nights AI on 26/8/09 with wife and 2 kids.
Has anyone been in one of the 1 bed deluxe apartments and if so can you let me know what they're like and send photos if possible?
lyndabelle78 - yes we always stay in the 1 bed superior which is located in the Aegean Village. I am given to understand they have been refurbished so am looking forward to seeing them (again) when we go on 2nd June :)
Have a look at the Aliathon Holiday Village web-site, you can download a brochure.
Only 9 weeks to go.............not that I'm counting :cheers ;)
Hi Mrs Maggie, can't believe that you're heading out there again!!haha Not that i'm jealouse or anything!haha
Well it's 13wks and I am counting, till we head out for our wedding. Can't wait.
Somebody mentioned that they were going to be building a new venue for the outdoor weddings with a pergola and walk ways. I was wondering if you could have a look out for it and see if it is finished yet or not? Not that i'm too fussed about where we get married, as long as it is hot and sunny.
Hope you have a great time in June.
Cheers :cheers
Ann xx
Hi Ann-G.......I can't believe you only have 13 weeks until your wedding :really that went quite fast don't you think?
Yes - I will check for the pergola for you, I still have your email address so no probs.
You will have to email me some pics of your wedding - would love to see them. I am 100% sure you'll enjoy yourselves.
I am counting the weeks down in my diary that I carry with me in my handbag (useless without it!!) and the weeks are flying by!
I can't wait to see the place again :cheers
Hi Mrs.Maggie

Thanks for your feedback re Superior Apartments. ;) Have been a bit worried of late as I had read posts on the previous thread last year where people said the standard of the rooms in Aegean Village are not up to much. The only thing that worries me now is how far away from the bars, restaurants etc for the All Inclusive package are we going to be, have heard that there's not much available in Aegean Village area :que
Thanks Mrs Maggie.
You can hardly believe where the time has gone?haha It's as if i've blinked and the time has vanished. I'm so looking forward to it though. Was bit worried when we first booked up and all the building work was going on. But after being on this forum and seeing all the good reports, well i just can't wait.
I've still got your email address too, just that when i seen your post, i thought i'd put a quick note on here. Will definately put some pics up when we get back.
Our photographer has found out for us (not 1st choice!!), that we are gettting married at 5pm, so it should have cooled down a bit by then?haha Not worried about me, it's the fiance and other men in our party wearing the kilts that i feel sorry for!!haha Should be a great day though and i am getting so excited. Don't go out your way to look for the venue, just if you see it when you're walking about. Thanks again.
:tup
Ann xx
lyndabelle-78......you'll be fine in the Superior one bed app't. We've always stayed in the Aegean Village and found it to be ok. I think the reason that some posts say the standard was not upto scratch was because the Fishing Village appartments are new and everything looks great when it's new ;) As for the distance for the bars/restaurants etc etc - from the appartments..........literally 2 minutes walk! Slightly longer if you have kids :D but they are all within mega easy walking distance so don't worry.

Ann-G........you'll be there a couple of weeks after we come back home so the weather will be fab for your wedding. It's not a problem looking for the pergola as I love to walk around having a nosey at things!! 5pm will be a good time to get married, it will be cooling down a bit from the heat of the day............oh sooooo nice to just chill afterwards, what more could you want :cheers
New review on Tripadviser :( Totally slating the Superior One Bedroom apartments. Not sure if I want to stay in one now :que Have paid a lot of money for this holiday and really don't want to have to be complaining when I get there :cry Anyone else booked to stay in one this year? (before Oct) maybe you can reccommend rooms nbrs etc for us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.