Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
If you have visited these apartments, please post your review HERE

Kath HT Admin
hi,

Aliathon apts were a biulding site when we were in Paphos in May. They are timeshare apts so expect some pressure to attend a talk. Some apt are a couple of years old but the whole site will take 5 yrs to finish. When we visited they said the shops/ bars facing the road would be finished by 1st April but they were a long way off. Position wise they are behind thee Iberostar Ledra Beach Hotel and you need to cross the road to get to the beach which is nothing special. Paphos itself is about a mile away.
Have you booked to go? Cyprus is a lovely place but would not personally stay at the Aliathon due to construction noise etc.

Rhonda
hi catherine

we stayed at the aliathon late june last year by then all the building work was complete we stayed in a superior one bedroom apartment and thought it was really good very spacious with a large balcony with doors leading from the lounge and the bedroom also a small balcony at the opposite side of the bedroom also a telly in both rooms.but be warned on our last day we were given a small apartment to use for the day of departure the apartment had not been refurbished and was a real dump. the gardens around the aliathon were well kept with plenty of grass the pools were really good, one free form and one standard pool both were pretty quiet all day the supermarket is a part of the complex it has a bakery and sells just about anything you will need. the bar at the aliathon seemed busy most nights and had entertainment some nights we dined out every night so dont know about the resuarant on the complex. theres a good bus service in to paphos with plenty of places to eat with all standards availible. as for paphos i thought that the beaches were pretty poor but i don't think theres any secrets about that the bus journey to coral bay is about thirty minutes the beaches there are quite good but a bit of a treck if you were going every day. the beaches around the aliathon are not worth going to the best is the public beach about 10 mins walk but not what you get in other resorts .
I read your reply just there and just wanted to ask you what you meant by the apartments were a bit of a dump that you stayed in on your last day. Was it a studio apartment or a 1 bed apartment? Was it that is was dirty or that it was old fashioned looking or what exactly? I have booked a 1 bedroom apartment through a travel agent in Ireland but as far as I am aware it is just the standard one bedroom apartment. Only booked it there on Friday and I am due to ring the travel agent tomorrow(Tuesday) anyhow so I am going to see maybe if I could pay the bit extra for the superior 1 bed apartment. However the tour operator I think only deals with the standard 1 bed apartments and studios.
hi catherine
the apartment was a standard studio the room was about 20yrs out of date everything in the room was pretty shabby the telly hardly had a picture the light fittings were hanging from the walls the cooker was really basic the terrace was about 6 slabs wide and the slabs were all uneven/broken the furniture was 2 shabby plastic seats and a table and there was a procession of ants the size of 50 pence pieces running through the rooms. the bottom of the walls also looked a bit damp all in all we said that if we had been allocated that room we would have been out within the hour we actually guessed that it would be one of the big british operators that would be using these rooms as one in particular used that accomodation we actually booked over the internet and went independant hope this helps wulmac
Thanks once again for your reply. I don't know what I am going to do now as I paid my deposit just on Friday and I can't see them giving it back to me. I am just wondering if the owners of the apts just give that room they gave you to people who are leaving that day on a late flight etc. There is another tour operator in Ireland that uses those apartments and provides the superior rooms but if I changed to that tour operator I would still lose my deposit with the tour operator I booked with on Friday. The best laugh is the tour operator that I booked with has them rated as '4 star' unless the apartments they use are ok!!!
hi again catherine
i hope i haven't panicked you with my reply but that was how i saw the apartments. i hope you get sorted out i know that the aliathon has been renovating the apartments during the winter so you may be ok otherwise i'm sure that the aliathons manager will help you if the accomodation is not what you expect . the superior apartments are probably as good as any four stars good luck wulmac
Most of the apartments at the Aliathon have been refurbished - however there is still a lot of building work going on as they are extending the site.

Don't know what the completion date is but it should be mostly complete by September.

Photos taken last month can be seen here

http://www.sirenasunrise.com

HTH
Thanks Wulmac and Don and Pam for getting back to me. I mailed the owner direct to see if he would upgrade me to the superior room if I pay the bit extra so I am waiting on a reply back. If this doesn't work out hopefully the standard 1 bed apt will be ok(apartments have improved with renovations this year) and if not I may just complain as soon as I arrive to the rep and to the owner of the apartments.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.