Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Don't know about the hidden service fees you mention (can you explain them a bit more maybe?) but we have used SIXT a couple of times from Alicante airport, but it was a couple of years ago - you can normally get a price direct from their site without going through a broker.

I don't think they were the cheapest, but we had none of the dodgy stuff when we returned the car, like you get with some of the cheepos like Goldcar, where they charge 300 euros to your credit card for a scratch you have alledgedly made, that deep down you suspect was there all the time, but didn't notice on pick up from a very dark garage after travelling 10 hours.

We do always take the daily top up insurance not sure if that helps (is that what you maybe mean by the hidden fee, it's something like 6 or 7 euros a day?)
Pretty much all of the companies we checked charge for a full tank of fuel plus a €30+service charge and then refund any fuel left.
I'll have a look at Sixt as I don't think ilI checked there.
I always take out a separate excess policy (rather than the hire companies one) to be on the safe side.
Also have a look at http://www.carjet.com as you can choose how you want to return car with fuel from the list on the left.

I don't drive so am not recommending the above just thought it may be worthwhile having a look.
Thanks. We're on the verge of just getting transfers and using the buses/trams to explore of we don't find something acceptable :) The upside of that is I can have a drink ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.