General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Yes, we visited the Occidental caribbean village in Agadir Morocco this year back in July and loved it. You will read very mixed reviews on this hotel, some bad some good. My review was excellent as we had a great holiday there and could not fault it. After reading some other reviews could not believe people had visited the same hotel. It is all inclusive up to and including child age of 16 years. If you enjoyed Tuisia that much you would love Morocco as it is along the same lines with being a muslim country also. I couldn't believe how similar it was except for the airport going and coming home in Morocco as we had no bother with queing or going through passport control and it was all very quick. If i would of listened to all the bad things said though before i went then we would not of bothered, but like i said we had a great time there, no troubles atall, not even a stomach upset. There was 31 of us who went and the kids want to go back next year but we have not booked up anything as yet. There is plenty of things to keep the kids occupied both day and night and also has a good clean, safe beach. :D
thanks for that.
who did you book with?
do you think it will be the same in oct next year?

we have a fussy son who eats 'normal' food so to speak..... :cry:
hi karen,
the holiday village in the dom republic does child prices up to 14.
it depends on the age of you children as most all inclusive hotels put the age at 12 and self catering at 16.
it also depends on where you fancy going.
i got a really good price for the above hotel for next oct.
thanks,
my children will be 9yr and 14yr then. we are looking to go somewere next oct.
we have been to tunisia for the past 2 years
so we are looking for winter sun.
who did you book with etc?
cheers
hi karen,
just pm you, hope this helps
Hi karen, we booked with Eclipse Direct, part of First Choice. My daughter speaks to some of the reps on msn and they say that it has been quite hot still out there even now. Hotel though no where near as busy as it was during the summer. October i think would be a nice time to go. Have you read all the mixed reviews, some are quite bad, others are good. It really is down to the individual at the end of the day as you will either love or hate it there. There is lots of activities though both day and night for the kids and plenty of shows going on at night, and i have 3 teenagers who loved everything about it, and never really moaned about anything except the weather being too hot some days. :roll: But it was July. As for AI i am a really fussy eater and suffer with stomach problems and i found the food to be ok and never once had an upset stomach. If the children like english food then there is plenty of pasta, chips, pizzas, burgers and toasted sandwiches available from the snack bar from 1pm until 4pm, and they also serve pizzas made to order up until 1am nighttime and icecream which my kids loved to eat just before going to bed. :? Like i said before though i personally could not fault it. :D
Hi Deb...im not really keen on english food,not even in england..does your hotel do local dishes as well....nicole
thanks deb.
ya ive read the review...its abit scary but people do have diffrent values and expectations..
so go with open mind i think....

thanks for your help karenppp :D
hi karen,
have you picked anywhere to visit yet???
keep us updated.
hi no i havent.
well for the past 2 years ( 2005 being our 1st family hol) we ve booked early say feb to go inn oct. for peace of mind etc, but he says we got to wait for last min deal....
help....do you save ????/
hiya there, what about sharm el sheikh? thats nice and warm in october, have a look on med hotels they have some brilliant 4 and 5 star hotels, the beach albatross, nubian village, reef oasis and royal rojana have children up to age of 14 and for october 2007 are offering free child places on the accommodation only, try freedom flights for flights into sharm, med hotels also do transfers too. i am a travel agent and do a lot of flights and hotels separate and we use med hotels a lot, mail me if you need any help
cheers
i book as soon as the holidays become on sale just so i get the flights i want and the hotel i want.
i dont think the holidays are any cheaper as with each brochure the price goes up so the discounts look large.
if you find somewhere you want to go, get it booked at least you know your in. what happens if you wait for a late deal any there is nowhere you fancy going.
does anyone know WHY kids are classed as adults once they reach 13???
they are not allowed to drink or do any other adult things so why do they charge us adult prices??? mine are now 12 and 14 and our holiday now depends on which hotel will cater up to 14 yr olds. which is very limited..we went to egypt last year but the night time entertainment is not that good, especially for teenagers

sharon
The reason they are classed as adults it so that they can charge us more money. :roll: There are very few hotels that give kids prices above the age of 12.

Club Sun City in Olu Deniz used to go up to age 13, with some TO's and Lykia World goes up to age 15 with most TO's.

I think the San Miguel Beach Club in Ibiza goes up to 14, and First Choices New Holiday Village in the Dom Rep also was doing up to age 14.

How sad am I to know all this. :roll: :rofl
hi d
i am also building a list for over 12`s, a few in the caribbean etc but summer hols is not the best time to go, i would rather go east as it seems to be warmer, have seen some lovely places but all the good ones seem to be NOT AI, so haven`t got a clue where to go this year. i think something should be done abt ages, even flights they are adult over 12!!! would a 10 year old sit on your lap.NO they would have there own seat so what`s going on...does anyone think WATCHDOG would take this subject up if enough people complain??

sharon
OK, yes, I don't have kids but do go on 3 generation family holidays which include my two teenage nieces. The 13 year old does need her own seat on the plane and I don't see why we should expect other passengers to subsidise her seat. She gets exactly the same service as they do and so it seems reasonable to me that we pay the same price for her. Similarly she needs her own bed and it costs the same whether it's occupied by her or her 79 yr old grandmother. As for food, these days she eats more than her grannie does but I don't know any tour operator that is prepared to offer 'seniors' reductions because they eat less. So again it seems only fair that we pay the same for her as the rest of us - she uses up so much energy that she probably actually eats the most!

There are 6 of us in total and we usually book at least 3 rooms so it again seems reasonable to pay exactly the same for the room the two teenage girsl share as the one their grandparents share. If we were prepared to sleep three to a room then, yes, I would expect to save some money but I would even if it's me being prepared to share a room with my parents. As an adult I'd be extremely miffed to discover that just because I was over 16 that someone with a child under 16 was going to pay less for 3 in a room than we were paying for 3 in a room. I can see nothing wrong with the principle of paying the same for the same occupancy rate regardless of the ages of the occupants.

The one area where she might consume less is with regards to alcohol which of course she doesn't drink at all. But she drinks a great deal of any number of soft drinks, fruit juices, fizzy water etc which depending on where we are staying won't necessarily cost less than her Dad's beer or mine and her Grandad's wine. And probably cost more than what her Gran drinks because her Gran never touches alcohol either and can't stand sweet fizzy drinks so tends to drink still water all the time. Perhaps we could argue that we should pay less for her too?

I know that families pay over the odds for holidays in the school holidays but so does anybody who has no choice about having to go in the peak season for whatever reason. I'm lucky in that I can usually avoid the school holidays apart from when we all go away together but when we do I don't expect other holiday makers travelling at the same time to subsidise either my nieces or my parents, we just share the total costs out equally between us 4 adults. There's no such thing as a free lunch or a free or reduced child place - the money is being made up from somewhere. The result is that when travelling on my own I consciously avoid going on holidays or to hotels that offer free or heavily reduced child places because of the suspicion that not only am I paying over the odds for my single room but I'm also subsidising other peoples' children. Even if they don't I still avoid those that have kids' clubs because the price I pay will also include something towards the costs of those and I can usually get a better deal at those hotels which don't provide this 'free' service for families. It's not that I don't like kids but I, and I suspect others who ask about recommended 'adult only' hotels prefer not to be paying the hidden charge for something we don't need.

SM
there`s my thread just been killed...............
Yes Shazza its odd isn't it.
Why do people who havent got kids reply to a thread simply asking for recommendations on a hotels that give kids prices up to 16?
totally agree d,
maybe they just like killing threads......, how long was that post!!!!! either nothing else to do or have too much money to care abt prices... no offence to anyone just my opinion!!!!!!

sharon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.