Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Some hotels do different wristbands for adults and children, some hotels just give everyone the same, you should perhaps read some of the reviews for this particular hotel to see if anyone has mentioned it.
We have just returned from an AI in Fuerteventura which gave blue bands for adults and orange for kids (under 18). On arrival at the hotel the receptionist would ask all young people how old they were before issuing wristbands, but they only required to keep one passport from each travelling party, so a few 17 year olds got the blue bands - the reps cottoned on to this but as they said "if we don't see them falling-down drunk and they're not causing trouble then we won't spoil their holiday..."
Your daughter's hotel may need to see passports as proof of age before issuing adult wristbands - and bearing in mind the legal drinking age in Spain is 18, paying adult price for the holiday is no guarantee of adult status in the bar! I've been paying adult price for my daughter in hotels since she was 13 years old, but this doesn't mean she can drink alcohol.
We stayed at the Fiesta Bahamas las t year and upgraded to all inclusive. the two teenagers with us received childrens wristbands. I dont think they should issue adult bands to under 18's if thats the legal drinking age anyway.
I have stayed many times A/I and our son never got an adult band until he was 18. The only exception was last year when we checked in on the 1st of October. My son turned 18 on the 5th of October, but he got his adult band on the 1st.
Sorry but the Spanish are very stict on this.

Robert
I would have thought it unlikely that they will get adult bands as the hotel will have the exact ages from the passports, depends on the hotel and the laws in Ibiza, also did they check when they booked that they do not need an 18 year old travelling with them as a lot of tour operators insist on the lead passenger being 18.

Why would you want to encourage underage drinking when it is against the law.

I have contacted the travel agents and they say that if they are over 16 they should gain adult bands due to paying adult prices! could anyone give me a helping hand here please ?!?

Does this mean a thirteen year old would be able to get an adult band as they would pay an adult price as the child age at this hotel is up to 12 years old ?

I cannot see that being allowed.
thing is here that the tour opp limit on age is say up to 14? over that you are classed as an adult.so you pay full amount.but in the hotels eyes you are still under age.
so it looks like you will only be able to get a kids band.

OPTIONAL DRINKS PROGRAMME
The Optional Drinks Programme includes: 1. All the party members in the same booking who buy the OPTIONAL DRINKS PLAN are to pay for the supplement during identical dates. The minimum length of stay is 7 nigths. 2. The adults who have booked the OPTIONAL DRINKS PLAN are entitled to having national soft drinks and national alcoholic drinks, house wine, house sparkling wine, likewise coffe, tea and camomiles - with the exception of vintage wines and vintage liqueurs - from 10.00 to 24.00 hours. Children under 18 years of age will only be entitled to having non-alcoholic drinks. On departure day clients may use this facility until 12.00 noon. 3. To make use of this facility, when requested by the hotel staff, guests will have to show proof of being holders of the OPTIONAL DRINKS PLAN arrangement (shown by the bracelet which holders should have always on). 4. Under this scheme, drinks should be drunk in the area where they are ordered; they cannot be taken to the bedrooms. 5. Guests are not allowed to accumulate drinks. Before ordering another drink, the previous should have been finished. 6. The OPTIONAL DRINKS PLAN is personal and CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED to another person. 7. The misuse of this facility and not adhering to the above points will result in IMMEDIATE REMOVAL of this right. Furthermore guests will be asked to pay for the drinks obtained by misusing the OPTIONAL DRINKS PLAN.

under 18 years of age will only be entitled to having non-alcoholic drinks. so thats it then its the law
we went ai to tunisia in august me,hubby and 3 kids 15,13 & 9. the older two were given adult wrist bands,i got them switched for kids ones,not that i thought they would drink,but you never know when there off with there mates.
not sure what the legal drinking age is in tunisia.
i know the legal age to drink in spain is 18 but i don,t see any harm in 17year olds having a few drinks on holiday,most of us had a drink before we were 18.
ok only way round it is to check in ok.then later pop down to do a/i..unless you have done before hand in uk.for which you will find you paying over the odds.
cannot see any hram done if they are 17 and dont get too drunk...mine you in the day best sticking to soft drinks and water.
Why is it okay to break the law,and encourage underage drinking ?
May as well give them pot as well.
I don't think anyone is encouraging underage drinking a question was asked regarding adult band for AI holiday and asked for help .

Please if you have come across this situation and can give assistance then post if not then don't post.

If the topic continues in this vein it will be locked.
In realtion to you quoting me i think if you read a little closer you shall find i said that if over 16 they may gain an adult band! so no a 13 or 12 year will not gain a adult band! thanks to the people whom have replied in a decent manner. i further looked into this and found that three travel agents believe they will recieve one so we will just need to wait and see.
i also was on a site that says the national drinking law was 16 in spain but 18 in certain parts such as valencia although i am still unsure.
Thanks for the link just need to wait and see what the hotel say now :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.