Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi joolz we go to benidorm for the first time in aug all- inclusive, we also have picked the magic monika, part of the amigo chain with a child age up to 16 so have got one of our teenagers free. So for 2 wks in aug for 4 of us cost £3100 which i thought was a good price. We always book as soon as new brochures come out in order to guarantee getting one of the kids free.
You can also use all of the amigo hotels, 10 in total i think which gives you a change on a daily basis if thats what you like. Good luck with your booking. Sue
Hi Joolz, We started going all inclusive 4 years ago and wouldnt change, although our kids are younger. Ive never been to either of the flamingo hotels but have been to the magic monika which we loved, but might be a bit far out for you. I have friends who have stopped at the flamingo hotels and have heard good reports about both, but the thing what would sway me toward the flamingo benidorm is the apartment style accomodation (which the monika also has) as you might not be happy sharing a room with two sixteen year old boys which I think you would probably have to do in the flamingo oasis.
First of all I would definitely recommend All Inclusive. As long as you research and read reviews of the hotels you're interested in, I don't think you can go far wrong.

We took two teenage girls to Flamingo Oasis last Feb and this year took them to Flamingo Benidorm. Both hotels had brilliant reviews and we enjoyed both but I have to say the Oasis is a much better hotel. For a start it's quite a bit bigger and there's more opportunity for the teenagers to make friends. The entertainment is also much better and there's more to keep them occupied. We found the entertainment at Flamingo Benidorm very poor and there was only one bar area open so nowhere really for the kids to escape to.

Drinks were better at Oasis (wine by the bottle, which used to take up to our room and sit on the balcony) food was equally good at both.

If you'd like to ask anything specific, I'll do my best to answer.
Thanks Judej, my mind is made up - Flamingo Oasis here we come!! Where abouts is the hotel in relation to the indoor market? Only been to Benidorm once before and we stayed up the hill across from market.

Do you think its close enough to "The Square" for 2 boys (will be nearer 17yrs) to walk back unaccompanied at night?

Who did you book through? I have only seen the Oasis in Thomsons or Portland brochures and they are very expensive. We fly from Glasgow and Flyglobespan are offering the Oasis this year much cheaper but their '07 summer holidays don't go on sale until Sept.

Are you better off with a very high floor and what views are there?

Location might be the drawback with the Oasis, quite a bit further to walk to the nightlife, Flamingo Benidorm is a bit more central. Afraid I don't know the street names but the Oasis is about 10-15 minutes up the road from the indoor market.
My teens were only 15 this year and weren't allowed out of the hotel at night so can't really comment on safety.
We got a good late deal last year through thefirstresort.com(they were a lot more expensive this year). This year I found the holiday on teletext website. We're off to Majorca next month and I found the best deal by deciding on the hotel first and then phoning several freephone numbers that I found on teletext and then phoning Future Travel who'll try and beat any quote. I spent a good couple of days doing my research and phoning round but I think it's worth it if you can spare the time.
forgot to say we had the two end rooms on the 18th floor, can't remember the numbers, perhaps 1812 +1813. Very nice rooms with a pool view and perfect for sunbathing on the balcony
During the day I was charged less than 4 euros in a taxi from the Oasis to the square but it might be a bit more on an evening.

Sue :) :)
Thanks to everyone for advice, its much appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.