Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Oooooooooo thanks for that David - I put on the booking form room 106 as I thought the garden bit might be nice - never thought about going higher up above the apartments opposite. Hope I don't confuse them :rofl
hi..glynis...........dont worry they are used to being confused by the ladies........ :rofl :rofl .
regards.david.........
can anybody tell me how to go about getting married at the amaika calella whilst on holiday has anybody done it?
Hi just a quick question,we go to the Amiaka hotel soon,arrive wed am and leave wed pm how long will my all inc last does it auto stop after exactly seven days,Thanks in advance David...
You will need to check with the hotel. We have been AI where it was available until we left the hotel. However some hotels stop it at 12 noon on your last day.

luci :wave
it would normally stop at checkout time on your last day, which could be at 10am.(you would probably not be entitled to lunch). if you have paid extra to keep your room on you should be ok right up till you leave.
i would be nice to the bar staff while you are there, ;) and be polite to the restaurant manager and then just carry on as normal on the last day until they tell you otherwise.
hi.david........it stops only when you leave the hotel.......i have been there three times now never had a problem with last day meals or drinks.
regards.j.d.......p.s..........enjoy your holiday.......
Hi going to amaika hotel next week. Does anybody know if there is internet at this hotel, if not anywhere nearby. Thanks.. :D :D
can anyone tell me the e mail address for the hotel amaika calella please.
i can only find the genral h,top one,
angelica
Try this one Angelica:
reservas.amaika@htophotels.com

David :wave
aldente 2010,
got back from spain yesterday

the hotel amaika is really nice,our room had a fridge which was free to use,tv but you had to pay 20 euros deposit(get back on cheak out
safe in warddrobe,shower,and shower in the bath,very large airy rooms.
the food was very good,(i think we put on a stone)lots of fresh fruit,fish,meats bread,salads etc,you would find it easy to pick something)
we went a/l so dont know what the prices of drinks where in that hotel but around other places a coke or fanta orange was 2-3 euros larger 2.50 a pint,
the pool area is very small,unless you where up before 9 am you wouldnt have a chance at getting a sun bed,when we wanted to just laze around we got cheaper sunbeds from hotel reception,
it a very very busy hotel,if you can e mail the hotel before you go and ask if you can have a front facing room, as the other side is facing a hotel wall.
hope you have a great time,(wish i was coming with you lol)
angelica
Thank you angelica for getting back to me. Glad to hear you had a great time. I am an early riser so if we want to laze by the pool I think I should be able to bag a couple of sunbeds, lol. Was the evening entertainment any good?. I'm taking my 6 yr old daughter & my 20 yr old niece is also coming with us. Have read mixed reviews on the food but most people have said it was either ok or very good. Prices for soft drinks seem very expensive so if fridge is big enough, will pop to supermarket & top up with water & soft drinks for daughter. I have requested a pool view room, so not sure if thats to back or front of Hotel?.
aldente2010
the fridge is smallish but can get a few bottles in,(a bit like a caravan fridge)
they are a bit strict on taking you own stuff into bar/pool area,but you did see people doing so.
the pool is at the front of hotel.we where in room 215,which was a good location as the lifts get very busy,meal times and check out times so it wasnt to bad if you had to go down by the stairs.
theres loads of supermarkets close to the hotel,a large one located out the hotel turn left left again across the road and its on the left sell eveything,crisps ,coke ,water, sandwhichs,etc.
the entertainment seemed better for the young ones,had a team of girls they done water games, bingo ,quizs,by the pool in the day,a mini disco in the evening(oh and dance lessons)
there was a few shows for the adults(and children)flemeco,slasa,and a singer.
theres also ten pin bowling,crazy golf out the hotel turn left left again,up the road turn left again and in on the right theres loads of bars and resteruants that have something on as well.
angelica
Thanks for all that info angelica, very helpful indeed. 3 weeks today :) :)
aldente2010
hope you have a great time,wish i was coming with you,lol
done all the washing and half the ironing,so iam ready!!!
have fun angelica
I will post a review when I get back. Just a bit concerned that I have put this package together myself. Have never booked a holiday this way. Flights with Ryanair, who I have flown with to Dublin a few times. Hotel booked through Alpharooms.com & transfers with shuttle direct. Just hope it all comes together without any major hitches.
aldente 2010
forgot to ask what board are you going?
We are full-board angelica, thats why I was asking about bar prices in the Hotel. Hoping the childrens club will also be on for my daughter.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.