Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Hi jonny ... you may like to add a review of this hotel on the following page:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-brava/calella/amaika-h.top-hotel/

David :wave
Hello! My 2 friends and I are going to Costa Brava next week for a few days we decided to stay at the Amaika Hotel in Calella as it seemed like the best hotel we could afford not really expecting much but looks and from other peoples reviews sounds ok.

Anyway to the point we're planning on going to port aventura for a day, I was wondering how to geth there and how much tha will cost as well as how much it costs to get in?

Also what is calella like this time of year?? In terms of what sort of clothes I should take
This link will give you park prices
http://www.portaventura.es/resort/entradas.asp?pDesti=&pNivelA=19&pNivelA1=35

Temps for forthcoming days range between 19degs & 23.

Have a look at this link for day trip to Port Aventura including pick up from your hotel and entry to park. 8)
CLICK HERE
Hi, welcome to HT! :wave

In case you haven't seen them, we have reviews of the hotel HERE and the resort HERE.

For general Port Aventura Q&As, please see THIS THREAD in the Costa Dorada forum.

Pippy :D
thanks for the welcome was looking through that thread but it seems to be for people going for longer than us as we are planning to go only for one day and were trying to figure out how much a single entrance for one person to the theme park is.
just got back hotel was really quite nice, though the veggie food was extremely limited and i was quite dissapointed by that Also the russian barman poured ridiculously large drinks which i found a bit much to drink!! Overall lovely hotel but wouldnt go clubbing in the area coz it was full of chavs and minors so not at all the types of night out I would have anything to do with!!!
Hi Hindocha :wave

I'd be grateful if you'd post a hotel review when you have the time :wink:

Many thanks.

stayed at the amika last oct,had a great time,hotel is great very clean and the food was great,the waitresses at meal times at first are a bit intimadating,but once you get used to them its ok.the hotel is themed on the titanic and is just on the edge of the old town,we really enjoyed it.
just come back home today from amaika.not impressed at all.there is nothing for children ,they said it had the same facilities as osiris but there is'nt . the play park is just an alleyway with to wooden toys on springs to suit small children.my balcony was loose, the top bar wobbled .even the direct holidays rep alan said it was dangerous when the bar was lifted the side panel could fall out .we were on the fifth floor ( 528 ) we left today and it still has'nt been repaired .it took them 8 days to move me and we have small children .the amount complaining was unreal .we had to queue up make complaints ,we wanted it wrote down to complain to sent to direct hols and there was 7 lining up waiting to get everything wrote down .there is 30 sunbeds for all the people in the hotel .you either had to get up early or use olympic or the beach.5 families moved hotel even resort because they were'nt happy .
Hi Claire

Sorry you didn't enjoy your holiday :(

I'd be grateful if you'd copy your review HERE when you have time.

Many thanks :tup

just back from the h top amaika in calella,mary will post a review tonight but any questions ill try and answer before then

garry
Is the mini-bar free :lol:

Friends, not me of course :wink:, are panicking that they'll use the mini-bar then get landed with a big bill
Am back :tup We had a great time but there again you do when there's 13 females :pele

The mini bar wasn't there - just a fridge which suited us fine as we kept the milk for our morning coffee in there (took our travel kettle) and fresh orange juice.

I've posted my review HERE

Any questions just ask. :-D
hi......glynis....... :wave: .....have the poor male bar staff recovered yet........
regards........j.d.................13 of you........... :cry :cry
Well we did one night lead them a bit of a merry dance (well Joseph anyway) it was one of the girls birthdays the following day so at midnight we arranged for him to bring some champers over (curtesy of the hotel of course :tup ) One wasn't enough so we got another bottle free of charge ;)

However I think the fact that he got to cuddle up to the women to have his photo taken was his 'reward' :lol:
We're going back (just 2 of us up to now) booked yesterday and going on 26th Feb to 1st March :sun21
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.