Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Jackie I think the one you are looking for is near Guadalest but I can't remember the name of it.

Perhaps this will jog the memory of someone else who has been there recently.
That sounds like Noah's Ark, a sanctuary for abandoned and mistreated animals, which is near Guadalest as Allmen says.

It is run by Serafino Domenach. Some excursions do visit the sanctuary, including the Blanket Trip, on certain days of the week. Noah's Ark can be contacted on 0034 96 597 23 59.

David :wave
THANKS DAVID THATS THE ONE WHAT A KIND MAN HE IS I ONLY HOPE HE KEEPS IT GOING
Hi Jackie ... are you shouting at me, or did you just forget to turn your Caps Lock off (again) ?? :wink:

THANKS DAVID THATS THE ONE WHAT A KIND MAN HE IS I ONLY HOPE HE KEEPS IT GOING
Sorry i didnot notice i would never dream of shouting at you. You have been a great help but i was wondering if its only blanket trips that go i will not be allowed to take the kids as the trips are for adults are they not
Hi Jackie ... I'm not sure about age limits for the Blanket Trip, but I can appreciate that they may well not want kids taking up free seats, at the risk of losing adult passengers who could potentially be big spenders on their products.

As for tour operators, I'm not sure which (if any) visit Noah's Ark. There is a local bus service from Benidorm to Guadalest, it may be worth checking to see if it goes via Benimantell, where the sanctuary is located.

There is also a company called Local Tours, which sells excursion tickets often at much lower prices than the tour operators. They are based on Calle Esperanto, close to Avenida Mediterraneo. It may be worth enquiring with them when you arrive out there.

Or, if you would like to try and find some more information about Noah's Ark in advance of your holiday, it may be worthwhile sending an e-mail to Benidorm Tourism to enquire about excursions and local bus services. Although they deal specifically with Benidorm, they are also very helpful and efficient at dealing with enquiries about the surrounding area.

They can be contacted at touristinfo.benidorm@turisme.m400.gva.es

The sanctuary is called Los Arca.It really is a wonderful place.We are going back in December and will take tins of dog food and hopefully some blankets if I can fit them in my case.The blankets that is! I will buy the tins in Lidl.We think it is worth hiring a car for the day to go although its only about half a mile from Guadelest.
hi jackie again i am sure it is the one david said. It had mistreated animals and had a tiger called christine the man running the place walked round with us and they have lions in the mountain behind and chimps who have been rescued from labratories
this animal sanctury sounds interesting but what is the blanket trip you have to go on to get there?
I went on a trip with "Green Tours" that have reps outside the Pelicanos and Ambassador 2 building. It was the Guadalest tour we went on and it called at the blanket place for 1 hour or so, then Guadalest, the animal sanctuary then onto a wine tasting place. The tour was free, with no obligation to buy ANYTHING, children were allowed on the trip cos I took mine lol. The only cost we had was into the sanctury itself and that was 3.50 euro's. Highly recommended, I would go on it again.
thanks gaileruk it is a wonderful place i told my kids and they are glad they are allowed to go
we went to the animal sanctuary a couple of years ago with direct holidays they do a full day trip to the sanctuary and then give you 2 hours to walk around guadalest and then on to the waterfalls for a few hours to allow you to get a swim and if you like jump in to some of the deep pools at the waterfalls. there are cafes at the waterfalls and a decent swimming pool at one of the cafes if you want to cool down . this trip was pretty good and well worth it just to see the sanctuary only down side was when we were dropped off in guadalest it was at siesta time and a lot of the shops were closed . they were called the fonts del Algar. the coach trip alone is worth the effort just to see the views on the way to guadalest hth wulmac

EDIT: Algar .. edited for you wulmac .... David
You can read more about Guadalest and the Algar Waterfalls in our Excursions topic:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1413

White Tiger Born in Benimantell

A rare white tiger with blue eyes and no stripes has been born in Spain, a wild animal refuge said today.

The male tiger cub - named Artico, the Spanish word for Arctic - was born three months ago, said Serafin Donenech, director of the Arca wildlife centre in Benimantell.

Only 20 such tigers are believed to exist, all in captivity, since the strange white colour makes them easy prey for other animals, or candidates for rejection and attacks by other tigers, Donenech said.

"It's an exceptional case," he said, adding that Artico was born to normal-coloured Bengal tigers, which are orange with black stripes.

When born, the cub only weighed 700 grams (1.5lbs), leading keepers to fear he would not survive. He now weighs 9 kilograms (20lbs), but still need special treatment due to digestion problems.

TV footage broadcast today showed the white cub playing with children at the wildlife centre.

White tigers are a breed of Bengal tigers, Panthera tigris tigris, from India and south-east Asia.

Copyright http://www.thisiscostablanca.com/costablanca/news_local.php
Hi my friend is going to benidorm next week and wanted to take her children to the animal santuary, i have never been so could not tell her anything about it, if you have been this year, what is the price and is it a real tear jerker, any info would be great :(
Hi crystalscan, i have been to the NOAHS ARC ANIMAL SANCTUARY,

we went on free blanket trip to Guadalest, i took my son with us, they

would have to enquire if children are allowed i think it depends on how

many adults there are.

Lizzie
Thanks for the info lizzie, i shall pass that onto them :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.