Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I have read similar complaints in the past in the newspaper help columns. The only suggestion I have is to make contact with the insurance ombudsman, details here;

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

fwh
Hi everton4ever

A similar thing happened to us on a Thomson cruise, we feel asleep on deck and when we woke up my ‘expensive' camera had been taken from our bag.
The insurance company said the same 'we did not have full sight of the goods at all times' so did not pay out, but I claimed off my household insurance for goods away from home, they did not have any problems with us being asleep, the only problem was that i lost my no claims discount.
Probably not very helpful but you are not alone.

Good luck
Roger
Hi Everton4ever, one thing you need to do, if you have not done so already, is re-read the policy wording, and look for the definition of 'unattended', to see what the policy definition is? This may sound obvious but you need to know.... it is also possible that your policy does not define 'unattended' in which case you have an excellent case of not being treated fairly. Under a Commercial policy for example the policy states that cover excludes theft unless in attenance. You may think, if you are in attenance i.e. standard by something then it is unlikely to get stolen! - however if you in next to some stock items and turn your back to attend to something else, and the first goods are stolen, technically you are in attendance. Insurers would need to demonstrate that you have have been negligent in your of the care of luggage etc, i.e, if you left them in a completely different place to where you were sleeping, which in my opinion you were not.

I think you have an excellent case with the ombudsman, if your Insurers did not see sense. The purpose of the insurance policy purchased is for you to be able to make a claim.

Not sure if any of this has helped, or if I have made it worse.
Guys ive just returned from taking a client to Salou ( I know) for the week and Im suffering with bad toothache and a terrible cold but would still like like the time time to say thankyou, Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.