Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
hi, yea been with both keycamp and eurocamp for the last couple of years.
It's all good both the same company so operate in very much the same way!
The mobile homes are secure, but you needn't really worry or think it';s like a holiday camp in england. It's far more relaxed and friendly and you will I'm sure have no security worries at all.
The last 2 years we have stayed in tents instead of the mobile homes, everybody gets on, and I must be honest even in a tent I have left money mobile phones etc lying around and have NEVER been touched.
I would reccomend either compnay as we have never had any problems wot so ever with either.
We are going back to the dolgdonge this year with eurocamp again and reccomend them to you they are very helpful!!
Our daughter & family found Keycamps in France (Normandy) in 2003, and what she told us was such that we felt impelled to have a look for ourselves in late May 2004.

Then, being suckers for 'punishment', we went back in late June for a further two weeks.

However, we have not been deterred, and are going back for more for three weeks May/June 2005.

Could not praise Keycamps highly enough, great company from the booking process to how they look after you on the site - everything. We used a mobile home, and our daughter a tent. Both are well equipped and maintained.

Mobile homes?? - You'd need a HGV to shift them, more like bungalows!!
Thanks for the info. I thought the two companies looked pretty similar from their brochures. Has anybody tried their sites in the south of France?
When you say South of France where do you mean?
All ketcamp and Eurocamp sites are rated at 4 stars so all have exellent facilites. You really needn't worry and I'm sure that once you have been you will return year on year... :)
Around Langedoc, Cote d'Azur etc (close to Perpignan or Montepellier airports). We have a toddler who will be 3 when we travel so we wanted something that would be suitable for him. I was really looking for any recommendations on their sites but most people seem to be pretty happy with Keycamp/Eurocamp. If you make your own flight arrangements do you get a refund on the ferry? I know that some companies do that but some only do it if you book flights through them.
i booked my brother to the cote d'azur through haven, they were good.
thomson have a brochure now for this type holiday-thomson al fresco, very good deals and nice sites too, so it may be worth looking at these too
Thanks for that suggestion. I'll get a brochure and have a look. I suspect that many of the companies will use similar sites and facilities. Nobody seems to have anything bad to say so I think we'll just pick something, and then try it and see!
I have been going to france (specifically south of france) for about 14 years and stayed at keycamps and eurocamps in both tents and caravans.

I have stayed in the cote d'zur area twice.....but only once for keycamp or eurocamp i cant remember, will have to post the details later tonight when i have found paper work. I would suggest stay in a caravan the tents get very warm in the summer and stuffy. The caravans are secure and safe, we have never had a problem. There is a beach in cote d'zur and the campsite was a half hour walk along a dodgy road or a five minutes drive.....but lots of people did walk it, dingy and all. The south of France is a lovely place to stay. I will post the details of the accomodation later tonight.
I'm interested in haven mobile home holiday at either le lac des reves or la carabasse. languedoc /cote d'azur area, has anyone been to either site?If so is it suitable for child of 4 -
Hello,
We have used Keycamp and Eurocamp for a number of years both in France and Spain.One that I would highly recomend especially with a family is St Cyprien Cala Gogo.It is right on the beach no roads to cross, the pool complex that they have is lovely and the staff are great.Hope this is of use to you. :D
My sister was a rep with eurosites a few years ago...
she did her first year at a smaller campsite called les dunes in the vendee and then two years down at la Carabasse in Langedoc rousillion.
I flew out to meet her at Montpelier airport. I think we got the train back for the flight home.

I can't reccommend this type of holiday enough for families. I thought it was a lovely relaxed and sociable place to have a family holiday. La Carabasse was a v big site with several pools and bars... a walk down a pretty busy main road to a nice sandy beach. i remember we went there in May and it was a very quiet start to the season with only a few places open; apparently it got very busy in season.

I personally liked the feel of the smaller sites and think these would be fine for younger families whilst perhaps older kids would appreciate the facilities of bigger sites.

you will probably find that the staff at the booking centre can assist you (or find someone who can) with your choice of site. I am sure you will have a great time!
Eurosites got bought by Eurocamp a few years ago and they and Keycamp alomg with Eurocamp are all under the Holidaybreak Umbrella

as for staff in the call centres they are all based in one place and 75% of the eurocamp staff have been there for 10+ yrs and the rest are from established travel operators and have been in teh business for mainly 5+ trs and there are some that have been there since Eurocamp more our less started a long time ago in Knutsford , everyone of them have been on countless trips to the sites in the brochure and if you look through Eurocamps brochure most of the sites are very long standing ones use by the company

all i can say is EC are predominantly direct clients and KC mainly travel agents , and as someone said someone WILL have been to the site you want to go to , also a lot of the couriers go and work in the call centre sales after the summer season for the winter and then go back on site and these include area managers as well so as i said they will know your chosen site

if you ring KC and the person is a bit unsure always ask as they are in the same area as eurocamp and the wealth of knowledge the old stagers have will be easy to get hold off , and as KC moved to Cheshire from Sutton a couple of months ago the staff are relatively new to the product but have worked in agencies or for operators before KC some moved up but mainly they are new but all trained by eurocamp and keycamp staff with a wealth of experience of the sites

hope this helps you out
We are setting off for the south of france tomorrow. We've stayed at the same campsite with Keycamps for the past 3 years and have always loved it. (Must try a different one next year!) We use the campsite called 'La Baume' in Frejus. It's very family friendly. I have 3 children aged 3, 6 and 8. We drive down, cross on the ferry but have an overnight stop both ways at a keycamp site near Paris. This is a great site if you want to slip in a disney trip in to your plans. Keycamp booking staff and reps have always been great and helpful. I can't recommend it enough for a family holiday. We always go for 3 weeks- Heaven!
All Eurocamp Keycamp holidays whether tent or mobile home are on big commercial sites 5 star in France and 1st class in Spain they all have kids clubs so you should have no problems there

We used them for a number of years before we started to take our touring caravan over there ourselves as it gave us more flexibility as to where we wanted to go
Our family have been to the West coast of France, the south of France and then northern Spain on big camp sites. We like big camp sites with lots to do, so if that is what you want, then these three are brilliant.

In the West Coast of France we stayed in a campsite called Les Charmettes or something. It was with Haven holidays.

In the south of France we stayed at La carrabasse ( not sure if spellings are correct). This was even bigger and was fantastic. Again it was Haven although other tour operators were on site as well.

In Spain we stayed at a place called Cypsela ( again soz about spelling) and this for us topped the lot!! It was voted best camp in Europe i think and i realise why. It had everything and was an amazing place for camping.

We always stayed in static caravans because the wife said if not, we had to go to a hotel ( boring!!) Anyway, abit of compromise never hurt anybody, although i would have loved a tent!

All camps had stages as their centre pieces which were the focal point of the camps.

Campsites like these are all you need fo your kids to have endless fun and for you to know they are safe as can be. Our children were between three and fourteen at the time and they made so many friends it was brill.

I would go on these holidays for the rest of my life if i could, but the wife wants to try other things. Why when you've found the perfect holiday and lets face it, if the kids are happy then everyones happy!!! :lol:
I've used Keycamp & Eurocamp in the past and found them both really good to book with - holidays were excellent too. I did come across a new outfit earlier this year though called Suncamp holidays and they do exactly the same types of holidays in the same accommodation but I noticed they were actually quite cheap by comparison. The website was a bit hard to find - I met them at a show in Shepton Mallet in January and it took me ages to find the site, but they are well worth checking out if only because of the saving - you pay the price you see, no list of surcharges to add unlike Keycamp/Eurocamp :) Have a look http://www.suncampholidays.co.uk - I've just got back from a site down in the Cote d'Azur but they've got over 50 sites in France, I was really impressed.
I have just booked a Keycamp holiday to the Costa Brava. If you book online you will get a 30 pound discount . :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.