Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
I've just returned from Belgium by coach but that's obviously not as far as you are travelling. I'm presuming your coach does food?

Wear loose fitting clothing as you don't want anything 'digging in'.

Take some wet wipes and tissues. (Tissues come in handy in case coach runs out of loo paper also).
Panty liners are handy too.
A battery hand held fan.
Small deodorant..
Most of these can be bought from the travel counter at most supermarkets in travel sizes.

Ipod, book etc.
Neck pillow/eye mask

Little snacks that aren't too messy. I took some of those tiny packets of individual cheeses, chewy sweets etc for the munchies, couple of boiled eggs & crisps. Individual cartons of drinks or plastic bottles of drinks.

We didn't have food on board so we did ourselves a little packed lunch but the coaches do stop enroute for refreshments.

We were in Tossa last year and I thought it a canny little place :tup
there are various threads on here about coach travel.
just type in coach into the search engine and you will be spoilt for choice.
have a look here
for some tips.
also search under ferris and siesta.
Done the coach trip loads of times to Costa Brava. My advice is to take a pillow with you, you can use it to either sit on occasionally or to rest your head on during the night.
:sun2 thankyou all for the advice ,forgive me for stupid, never been on the eurotunnel,do we stay on the coach for the journ.thanks for all advice.how long does the trip on the tunnel take . :que
it takes 35 minutes (normally) for the train to go through the tunnel, plus of course the check in time.
you would normally get off for a break at the folkstone terminal; there are shops/cafes there.
as regards the crossing, you can stay on the coach, but i think that it is better to get off especially if you are prone to sea sickness -the suspension of the coach and that of the train make some people a bit queezy-, and you can stand beside the coach or walk to the toilets.
Don't forget to let us know how you get on Roda girl. You'll be able to assist with more tips :tup
:sun2 we dont go till next year ,will be glad to let you know how we get on . :tup
hi roda-girl......a fleece blanket ....it can get cold at times during the night....especially if they are changing drivers and the coach doors are left open whilst they are sorting themselves out....you can get some that roll up quite small ....Im coaching it again next summer and have bought some ...we used to take light weight sleeping bags as we took 4 kids and ourselves....and one sleeping bag did nicely to cover 2 children ...they were selling the fleeces off and I bought enough for one each.....tweetie

ps....a pair of comfy warm socks to put on instead of keeping your shoes on is handy for the night time too
:tup thanks very much ,we have booked the front seats so what you say makes perfect sence thanks.we are allowed to take hand luggage .a small bag i think .what size suitcases can we take, the same as at an airport?. :que
I know with Siesta it is 20kg.

Hand luggage keep it as small as possible most coaches donn't have a lot of room for hand luggage and you'd just be restricting your leg room.

Helen
hi rhoda-girl
we have been by coach numerous times we currently use ferris coaches they do the costa brava including tossa and l dont think you will beat them on price there are drinks on board for your journey, they normally play games of bingo where you can win prizes and play films on your journey. there is a downloadable brochure on the web site if you would like to have a look
hope you get on ok have a good time
Ferris for next year have dropped the luggage weight down from 20kg's to 15kgs, i have also noticed that they charge for pick up's . Like others have said i would take a fleece for the night times and a cushion rather than a pillow
:sun2 thanks for all the advice ,we have looked at ferris coaches but dont think that they pick up anymore where we live ,thats longfield village. the nearest used to be at nells cafe on the motorway but i have been told that pick up is no longer will concider them if we can get a pick up .if we like going by coach we will look at other areas in spain . thanks again :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.