General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
booked for corfu- july 2013. £996.00 (thomsons package) for the 2 of us for 2 weeks. It was actually cheaper than what we paid to go there 2 years ago!

belly
I'm getting twitchy with all you peeps booking for next year. i'm still a bit torn about what i want to do. We keep changing our mind :rofl off on holiday on friday for a week and we will get to it when we get back. Current thoughts are a week in france next may half term similar to next weeks hol, , and then two weeks in malta in july/august.
I had really fancied egypt for easter or may next year, but haven't really been able to sell it to hubby as he didn't enjoy hurghada at all when we went a couple of years ago. Daughter wants fuertaventura for next easter or may half term so we're no further forward. :que
Booked yesterday with Thomson for Mexico in September 2013. It'll be our first time to Mexico :)
Haven't had this year's holiday yet! Seriously, though, whilst I can understand people booking for next summer, it slightly puzzles me that someone is prepared to book as far ahead as 2014. Has anyone done this and do you need slightly different insurance; after all it's an awful long time away and anything can happen. (That's the pessimistic side of me talking :( )
Laura1988 wrote:
Booked yesterday with Thomson for Mexico in September 2013. It'll be our first time to Mexico :)

I'll let you know when I come back in July next year Laura my first time too :cheers
Babs135 wrote:
Haven't had this year's holiday yet! Seriously, though, whilst I can understand people booking for next summer, it slightly puzzles me that someone is prepared to book as far ahead as 2014. Has anyone done this and do you need slightly different insurance; after all it's an awful long time away and anything can happen. (That's the pessimistic side of me talking :( )

I'm too twitchy to even book for 2013, even though I think I might want to go to Florida (well the adult kids do :duh ) so there is no way I would want to book for 2014. If I have the money I would prefer to have another couple of holidays in 2012 first so don't want to get too far infront of myself.

Doe :sun2
I am getting a bit confused with my holidays lol. I am hoping to save up enough to go to Egypt this November, then the 29th December for a week over New Year we are seeing in the new year with me, hubby, cousin, mum and step dad and my uncle in Hemsby near Great Yarmouth.

Feb 9th 2013 for two weeks going to Mexico for our 25th wedding anniversary (already paid by cash), then Cyprus in the Villa Sept 2013.

I have a lot going on, so hopefully it will work out ok.
Derwentrocker wrote:
I am getting a bit confused with my holidays lol. I am hoping to save up enough to go to Egypt this November, then the 29th December for a week over New Year we are seeing in the new year with me, hubby, cousin, mum and step dad and my uncle in Hemsby near Great Yarmouth.

Feb 9th 2013 for two weeks going to Mexico for our 25th wedding anniversary (already paid by cash), then Cyprus in the Villa Sept 2013.

I have a lot going on, so hopefully it will work out ok.

Wow Michelle you do have a lot going on :yikes You'll be fine don't worry :tup
I always book my holidays a year or more in advance! Usually by July each year I am booked up for the following year - gives me something to look forward to. However I haven't yet booked for 2013 because I think the prices are outrageous!! The resorts I have in mind are £200 per person more expensive than this year - inflation isn't THAT high! I will keep looking (on a day-to-day, if not hour-to-hour) basis until the prices drop to a more realistic level. :(
impossible my holidays for the next year are not allocated till mid December of the the previous year [at best 4 months in advance]
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
impossible my holidays for the next year are not allocated till mid December of the the previous year [at best 4 months in advance]

I start looking at prices and places to get some ideas around now , but we still have Cyprus in September and Dubai in November to do this year , just did the airport hotel/ parking booking at T5 yesterday for November , and will get dates sorted for next year soon and then the missus can submit them mid December and I can then make firm bookings , we can work out the best weeks and days using up minimum time off as her Rotas run in a pattern but knowing them they will change the Rotas again like they did this year after I had booked everything up . We always book holidays during term times which works out well , as the missus is more likely to get the time off , my boss has to take school holiday times due to his girlfriend ( so easy for me ) it's cheaper too , and resorts are a bit quieter , School holidays are great for people with no kids ;)
Yes Andy that's one thing we always plan - out of school holidays :tup
Michelle Hemsby is my home town, I am sure you will have a lovely new year. Where are you staying?
Yes, but only because I had to rearrange my holiday that we'd booked for September! I'll be 23 weeks pregnant when we were supposed to be going and there's a chance I won't be allowed to go because of possible complications so we've rearranged for June next year. It cost £100 to rearrange but it meant we didn't lose the £350 deposit we'd paid! We've had to go for a different resort as they're not using the hotel next year we'd booked into, but the price was practically the same.

Now I just need to work out what on earth I'll need to take for a 5 month old baby!
Like Wizard, when I was working, the new holiday entitlement didn't start until the New Year and so xmas was spent trawling the net for likely places to go. We would then Book up in January and more often than not, got a very good priced holiday. With having had our own place out here in Turkey for the past three years we've only needed to Book the flight and transfer.

Les
Booked today a tour of The Deep South in the US for next May! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.