General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi vicjayhay, I am also tied to the school holidays so always feel like i have been ripped off by the tour operators :(

After saying that I still have booked for next Summer ...... Mexico on the new Dreamliner so the countdown now begins :D 65 weeks and counting :pele :pele :pele
Wow sounds lovely, did you get a good price, my eldest quite liked the idea of Mexico as he fancied trying out the new plane, told him he would really need to save up his pocket money to help out with that one :rofl
I dont think the price was that bad.... i just wanted to make sure w e got the dreamliner flights and the hotel we liked.... so i thought book it and start the fun of counting down to it :cheers
...not yet. I've just booked egypt for next April so now that's out of the way, my summer '13 research acn begin. Don't think I'll book until the begining of September though.

On my shortlist -

Turkey (although I said I wouldn't go again in August due to the heat lol)
Cuba (don't know whether I'll want AI so soon after my April AI)
rhodes
Skiathos
a return to Crete or Santorini
i haven't booked yet but I'm having lots of fun researching. I'll probably seriously think of it after our holiday in June :cheers
I haven't booked anything yet, only looked at Thomson as don't feel safe booking with Thomas Cook for next summer as unsure of their future. Thomsons prices sky high for the 6 weeks hols so not booked anything yet. May wait for Monarch to release their hols at end of May to see what they are offering.
If I am honest I have booked and I am going with Thomas cook for the last four years, but I am nervous about booking with them for next year.
I am waiting for the flights to Bangkok to come on sale as they only go on sale 11 months before travel so it's too early yet for next July. I work in travel and sales for next year have been promising since going on sale last week, my first booking for next summer 2013 was for a family going to Riviera Maya in Mexico.
About to book any day now for Cuba...got a good deal that we are happy with...so why wait to book.. :D
Yes we have booked Benidorm 2 weeks AI with Thomas Cook, we are also stuck with school holiday time.

The price was £900 more than this years holiday so certainly not a bargain but I guess at some point the prices had to rise as they have been steady for so long through very difficult times.

I appreciate TC are on rocky ground but I personally still don't think that they will go under. I have never ever booked with Thomsons as for us their prices have always been absolutely ridiculous.
Well I have short listed to places lanzarote, or Rhodes, they are both all inclusive and during the school hols. Pricing up at about £3100. £400 more than last year but the best prices so far.
Hadn't thought that far ahead, but had the Direct Holiday brochure through the post
So far direct holidays seem to have the best prices :tup
Generally I dont think that far ahead but there is always a first for everything!

Glad I booked it now and we are more than happy with the price and the itinary, so why wait?

Need to think of something for later next year ( we go to Cuba in May)...but definitely will not do that until nearer the time to go.
Actually I rang Thomson yesterday intending to book for February - Costa Lago Torremolinos. Been there the last two years. But then after enquiring about how much to go in May (only £220 more than Feb) booked it. Now we have to find somewhere for February, thinking Lanzarote at the moment but that could change.

fwh
fwh - Lanzarote 'off peak' was lovely, we went in January and although it was quiet it wasn't too quiet if you know what I mean. Decent weather and prices weren't too bad for the holiday itself, and for eating out. It was a bit cloudy first thing in the morning but the sun came out shortly after. I have to say the evenings were pretty chilly, and some nights I slept in a fleece as the apartment blankets weren't too thick, but they weren't just sheets either.

Hope you get something sorted :)
Back on topic, i'm looking at going to one of those holiday villages all inclusive, but havent chosen what country yet. This will be a big 'splurge' holiday and will cost a lot more than our usual holidays, so i need to look in to it more.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.