Having had that disastrous trip / venture to sunny Spain,I'm constantly looking for that new challenge.
Recently the name Portugal keeps popping up as a place to possibly buy abroad.
I'd love to move for now part time but eventually full time once my bones begin to creak and eyesight fails....
But Not for a few years I hope ?
Due to the climate iv seen many properties in Inland Portugal,with plenty of land for what seems very cheap prices. Is there a catch ?
I know a lot of these properties need a little tlc and work done on them. For me that's not a problem.
Inland Portugal seems to be all within my budget at the moment. And also would seem the ideallic location for me in semi retirement and long term full retirement when it happens.
But having also read in alot of articles regarding crime ( mainly house / property theft ) that has increased due the collapse of the euro and Portugees economy.
Does anyone know of anyone who's living out there or intends to purchase a property there who can throw some light on this subject.
As I'd love in the ideal world to spend as much time out there should I buy?
There's chipping doubts about leaving my property unguarded and not a gated community when not living there. Which will be months at a time.

Regards :cheers